Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gitzo Tripod Question  (Read 1057 times)

Chris C

Gitzo Tripod Question
« on: November 20, 2008, 03:04:14 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got a Gitzo Pro Studex from back in my 4 x 5 days. It's built like a tank..............and quite frankly, I think it would hold one up.  There's a No 3, three-way pan head on it and it's a 3 section leg..........well, 3 plus the first tube that holds them all. It weighs 17 pounds and, as I remember it, even in a wind, my Deardorff 4 x 5 Special would sit rock solid on it for some mighty long exposures. It is is perfect working order, with some of the hammered grey paint chipped here and there. I took a hike with it a couple of weeks ago and realized I can't comfortably use it now that I've had shoulder surgery. So I might as well let it go. Is there anyone on the forum who'd have the knowledge of what this bohemouth might be worth. If my memory is correct, I think I paid $450 for it back in 1972................though I'm sure it's not worth that today. Just wanting to find a fair asking price.....fair for both parties. Any help would be appreciated.