Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Sinar Hy6-e75r + Lenses  (Read 4779 times)

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
FS: Sinar Hy6-e75r + Lenses
« on: November 18, 2008, 02:36:55 pm »

I have decided to step down to 645 format from 6x6.  It's been a really difficult decision for me because the ergonomics of the Hy6 are terrific.  It's a joy to hold and use.  But I've come to realize I'd benefit from a focal plane shutter and long, fast tele glass for my nature work.

I've decided to offer the Sinar Hy6 for sale, along with three lenses.  Here are the details:

Camera (No scuffs, no scratches, mint condition.  Camera and back are new as of September, 2008.  Only 1926 actuations.):
   * Sinar Hy6 camera body
   * Sinar Hy6 eMotion75LV (latest revision)
   * Sinar Hy6 revolving mount (if you haven't tried it, you'll love it)
   * Sinar Hy6 waist-level finder
   * Sinar Hy6 45-degree prism finder

Lenses:
   * Schneider-Kreuznach Xenotar 80/2 PQ HFT
   * Zeiss Planar 110/2 PQ HFT (yes, the legendary 110/2!)
   * Schneider-Kreuznach AF Tele-Xenar 180/2.8 PQ HFT

Accessories:
   * Standard Hy6 focusing screen
   * Bill Maxwell split-recticle focusing screen with microprism collar
   * 5 2000mAh+ batteries
   * 2 Sony dual chargers (world power compatible)
   * Original packaging, neck strap, wrist strap, etc.

Price (to a good home  ): $USD28.5K OBRO.

If you are interested, contact me regarding payment & shipping--we can work out a split on those fees if it helps.

If you're in the Seattle, USA area, you're welcome to visit to inspect and/or pick up the equipment.

I will follow up with photographs if there is interest.

Kind regards,
Brad
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:47:40 pm by bradleygibson »
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

bradleygibson

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 05:46:38 pm »

I've had an offer for a swap for some hardware.  I would consider a swap of the base camera + back for a like-condition (ie. mint, low actuations) Phase/Mamiya 645AFD III + Phase One P45+ VA back.

If a swap is of interest to you, contact me and we can work out the details.

-Brad
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:47:00 pm by bradleygibson »
-Brad

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 05:57:07 pm »

Great price!
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 02:00:53 am »

Bump for a good seller!

Rolleiflex USA

David K

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 11:17:30 am »

Quote from: bradleygibson
I have decided to step down to 645 format from 6x6.  It's been a really difficult decision for me because the ergonomics of the Hy6 are terrific.  It's a joy to hold and use.  But I've come to realize I'd benefit from a focal plane shutter and long, fast tele glass for my nature work.

I've decided to offer the Sinar Hy6 for sale, along with three lenses.  Here are the details:

Camera (No scuffs, no scratches, mint condition.  Camera and back are new as of September, 2008.  Only 1926 actuations.):
   * Sinar Hy6 camera body
   * Sinar Hy6 eMotion75LV (latest revision)
   * Sinar Hy6 revolving mount (if you haven't tried it, you'll love it)
   * Sinar Hy6 waist-level finder
   * Sinar Hy6 45-degree prism finder

Lenses:
   * Schneider-Kreuznach Xenotar 80/2 PQ HFT
   * Zeiss Planar 110/2 PQ HFT (yes, the legendary 110/2!)
   * Schneider-Kreuznach AF Tele-Xenar 180/2.8 PQ HFT

Accessories:
   * Standard Hy6 focusing screen
   * Bill Maxwell split-recticle focusing screen with microprism collar
   * 5 2000mAh+ batteries
   * 2 Sony dual chargers (world power compatible)
   * Original packaging, neck strap, wrist strap, etc.

Price (to a good home  ): $USD28.5K OBRO.

If you are interested, contact me regarding payment & shipping--we can work out a split on those fees if it helps.

If you're in the Seattle, USA area, you're welcome to visit to inspect and/or pick up the equipment.

I will follow up with photographs if there is interest.

Kind regards,
Brad

Brad,
Can't help but think this is an extreme solution to an easily resolved concern.  One of the great things about the Sinar system is the availability of user installable adapters allowing for a change in camera platform.  I've got the same basic kit as you do with the addition of the adapter for the Contax 645 kit which I like very much.  This gives me the flexibility to do what it seems you'd like to do.  If you prefer Mamiya, there's an adapter for that platform as well.  While they are not cheap, they aren't all that expensive either... at least not in the context of your kit.  You've got some remarkable glass there and it seems a shame to me to give it up when you can have the best of both (or three, or four) worlds.

David

bradleygibson

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 02:08:43 pm »

Hi David,

I've been bowled over by the reactions I've received by placing this ad.  It really has stunned me, the number of helpful and considerate people who've contacted me about this.

First of all, I'd like to say up front that I am very happy with my Hy6 system.  I don't have any need to move away or switch.  But I felt that if I could move to a system that would address the last two issues I wrestle with (long, fast tele glass and limited shutter speeds), I'd have died and gone to heaven.

So I put a feeler out there to see if there would be any interest in my kit (in fact a swap is probably preferable with the economy the way it is, nobody seems to be flush with cash, so it makes buying the system outright that much more difficult.)

At this moment though, it looks like I'll be staying with my Hy6 kit.  And if that is the case I will continue to invest in it (very likely in the form of a Leaf/Sinar AFi II 10), more AF glass and so on.  I like where the manufacturer(s) are taking the system, Sinar USA has provided me with superb support, and there is plenty of glass available.

I'm not sure how I feel about carrying around two camera platforms just to handle my tele needs; It's something I'll have to consider more carefully; it is hard to get one system that will do absolutely everything so it's a matter of weighing tradeoffs.

Sinar's big advantage for me is the versatile adapter system.  It's terrific that I actually have this option today.  The reason I haven't gone for it and bought a Mamiya or a Contax is because I am looking seriously at the Sinar AFI II 10.  Simply put, if I knew that the Sinar version of the AFI-II 10 would continue to allow me to swap mounts like my current back does, then I think I would be proceeding just as you suggest.  Without the adapter system, my Mamiya or Contax would become orphaned camera system with (not inexpensive) fast tele glass.  Or, I'd need to have two backs!  Financing aside, that's just too much gear, and I'm looking for more efficient solutions than that.

Hence my willingness to move to a platform which does offer me wildlife glass (lenses which are both long and fast) within the one system.

But I'm definitely open to some creative ideas--I would honestly rather keep this system.  Thank you for the PM--I'll be in touch.

And to the rest of the community--thank you for your wonderful support and suggestions as well!  You folks are fantastic.

Take care,
Brad

Quote from: David K
Brad,
Can't help but think this is an extreme solution to an easily resolved concern.  One of the great things about the Sinar system is the availability of user installable adapters allowing for a change in camera platform.  I've got the same basic kit as you do with the addition of the adapter for the Contax 645 kit which I like very much.  This gives me the flexibility to do what it seems you'd like to do.  If you prefer Mamiya, there's an adapter for that platform as well.  While they are not cheap, they aren't all that expensive either... at least not in the context of your kit.  You've got some remarkable glass there and it seems a shame to me to give it up when you can have the best of both (or three, or four) worlds.

David
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 02:32:02 pm by bradleygibson »
-Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up