Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable Power for Photogenics  (Read 2235 times)

Greg Haag

Portable Power for Photogenics
« on: October 30, 2008, 04:11:52 pm »

I was hoping that someone might be familiar with a battery/inverter that might be compatible with the Photogenic PL1250DR. I have spoken with Photogenic and the only thing they recommend is a generator, I have the Honda eu2000i but for me it is not very practical. I am trying to decide on whether to buy a battery/inverter pack to power one of my Photogenic PL1250DR's or purchase Profoto AcuteB 600R. It would be nice to be able to use all of my light modifiers that fit Photogenics. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated I have wrestled this around so much I am in a fog!

Jonathan H

• http://
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 07:45:10 pm »

Are your Photogenics the models with digital control or just  the slider?  If they have the slider (i.e. non-digital) the AlienBees Vagabond 2 will do an excellent job of powering your lights on location at a cost that will blow your mind.

I use my Vagabond to power Dynalite packs on location and it performs like a charm every time.

www.alienbees.com/battery.html
Long walks on the beach, nights by the f

augg

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 07:12:07 pm »

I drove 2 hours to an assignment the other day to find my Innovatronix battery was dead. I've since started taking a Honda eu1000i. It's pretty small and even comparable to the Innovatronix battery. Great generator, can be carried easily in one hand unlike the eu2000i. Have a look at the Innovatronix batteries here: http://www.innovatronix.com/prodindex.asp  If you buy one I'd recommend getting the carry bag. They're great people to deal with.

dan callis

Quote from: Greg Haag
I was hoping that someone might be familiar with a battery/inverter that might be compatible with the Photogenic PL1250DR. I have spoken with Photogenic and the only thing they recommend is a generator, I have the Honda eu2000i but for me it is not very practical. I am trying to decide on whether to buy a battery/inverter pack to power one of my Photogenic PL1250DR's or purchase Profoto AcuteB 600R. It would be nice to be able to use all of my light modifiers that fit Photogenics. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated I have wrestled this around so much I am in a fog!
Pages: [1]   Go Up