Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1797442 times)

NikolaBorissov

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 69
    • http://www.nikolaborissov.com
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3180 on: October 06, 2011, 11:52:16 am »

Harper's Bazaar BG Oct 2011 & ELLE BG Oct 2011 :)
H4D-40 + HC 80/2.8
Logged

feppe

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2906
  • Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3181 on: October 06, 2011, 01:08:35 pm »

Harper's Bazaar BG Oct 2011 & ELLE BG Oct 2011 :)
H4D-40 + HC 80/2.8

Love the Harper's Bazaar cover, you really did justice to that stunning lady!

bcooter

  • Guest
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3182 on: October 07, 2011, 02:16:50 am »

Contax, p21+
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:44:50 am by bcooter »
Logged

haefnerphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 680
    • http://www.jameshaefner.com
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3183 on: October 07, 2011, 05:30:43 am »

Logged

bcooter

  • Guest
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3184 on: October 07, 2011, 05:40:36 am »

Hi,

my car needs a service. Where can I find the garage with this nice technician bcooter?

Best,
Johannes

Hollywood.
Logged

TH_Alpa

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 214
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3185 on: October 07, 2011, 06:47:57 am »

Beautiful, wonderful tonalities.

Thierry

Contax, p21+
Logged
Thierry Hagenauer

[email protected]

bcooter

  • Guest
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3186 on: October 07, 2011, 11:34:47 am »

Thank You.

Shot with discontinued Broncolor HMI's (the blue ones), discontinued P21+ (the fast one), discontinued Contax 645 (the good one).

IMO

BC
Logged

fredjeang

  • Guest
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3187 on: October 07, 2011, 12:53:48 pm »

Beautiful, wonderful tonalities.

Thierry


Yes, great tones as always. (I have a collection of Cooter's images in a folder call "case studdies" where I collect imagery I consider important to learn from. This one will go into it)

Ps: Coot is still doing stills?  ::)
Logged

Willow Photography

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 279
    • http://www.willow.no
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3188 on: October 07, 2011, 12:56:28 pm »

But absolutly not a discontinued photographer.
Great shot, James!

Logged
Willow Photography

Kirk Gittings

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1561
    • http://www.KirkGittings.com
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3189 on: October 07, 2011, 01:03:26 pm »

nice work!

FWIW (probably not much) most of the women the fashion photographers here photograph would scare the crap out of me! Give me a building any day!
Logged
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

cunim

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 130
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3190 on: October 08, 2011, 10:12:17 am »

nice work!

FWIW (probably not much) most of the women the fashion photographers here photograph would scare the crap out of me! Give me a building any day!

Got to agree.  I would be really worried for my early-twenties sons if I didn't believe that women's personalities rarely echo the way they look.  Once you peel them, they're pretty much as evolution designed them.
Logged

feppe

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2906
  • Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3191 on: October 08, 2011, 10:14:23 am »

Got to agree.  I would be really worried for my early-twenties sons if I didn't believe that women's personalities rarely echo the way they look.  Once you peel them, they're pretty much as evolution designed them.

Hannibal Lecter would approve of this statement :P

bcooter

  • Guest
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3192 on: October 08, 2011, 05:50:46 pm »

nice work!

FWIW (probably not much) most of the women the fashion photographers here photograph would scare the crap out of me! Give me a building any day!

I don't know if companies are people, but I do know that models are people.

I've never understood when a client asks can you shoot "real" people because last time I checked professional on camera talent, eat, sleep, pay their bills, catch a cold and can be just a susceptible to the attitude in the room as any "real" person.

We just came off two projects, one with professional talent, one with "real" people, though both were close to the same creative brief, which required styling, makeup, dialog, stills and motion imagery, for print (well I mean web) and broadcast (well I mean web).

The difference to me was non existent because every subject gives up what it gives up.  Me and my crew's job is just to make everything better, but in the end moving imagery, still imagery, real people, professional talent, it's all just subject, light, background and creative brief.

When I look at these images and what I was thinking going into the project my thought process was always the same.  The subjects may be different, the creative brief may be changed, but it's all the same to me.



The committees I deal with are much more challenging than any person or subject we shoot on the day.

Our industry has changed . . . my role has changed and on set for the last 7 or so years client's mention our "team" and we do have a team approach, though in my case 70% of our team is in house and 100% of my team I have a deep history with, even if it cost me on the bottom line.

So without writing a book, all I can say is shooting a beautiful woman or a field worker is the same as long as we have a plan and we keep the "team" moving in the right direction.

Given this, the only real constant we have is to have high respect of any subject we shoot and to always be ready to adapt.

With that thought it all gets pretty easy.

____________________


This image is from an editorial still session with a secondary brief of adding motion.  We have motion imagery, though we have designed the video to be constructed out of stills, title effects and voice over.

It's in post production now and when it's finished I will post a link.


IMO

BC

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:16:57 am by bcooter »
Logged

fredjeang

  • Guest
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3193 on: October 09, 2011, 06:01:11 am »

I think that what you just said aren't empty words but the truth concerning Cooter's work.

One of the things I noticed from the beginning and I really apreciate (and think that it is a strengh) is that Jame's imagery is consistant and teated with the same seriousness whatever the subject might be. This is important IMO.

I've seen many times superb photographic works with models and then the imagery was falling appart when "real people" where involved, a little bit like the model had to have a special treatment and the rest was done without the same care. In the end, it's all about the same.

Consistency in the book is not easy to get but probably one of the most important factor of success. Consistency in the quality and in the look, whatever the subjects might be, and whatever the medium is (still or motion).

Logged

SecondFocus

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 526
    • SecondFocus
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3194 on: October 11, 2011, 11:11:03 pm »

Sasha Brown is a champion figure competitor in bodybuilding and fitness. I have photographed her often for magazine features, print ads, huge banners hanging in gyms etc. She also happens to be just a beautiful girl. Photographed with a Mamiya DM33, Profoto lighting. Processed in Leaf Capture.

Logged
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3195 on: October 12, 2011, 02:25:45 pm »

Shot these last week for a new client.  . 
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

ghoonk

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3196 on: October 21, 2011, 10:50:13 am »

Here's some of my recent work in Abu Dhabi = The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.

Enjoy!











Logged

NickCroken

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 134
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3197 on: October 21, 2011, 01:49:48 pm »

I love the fourth shot ghoonk.
Logged

ghoonk

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3198 on: October 21, 2011, 02:17:25 pm »

Thanks, Nick! Quite lucky, really. Was there to shoot architecture, and spotted this local guy walking towards the mosque for prayers. :)
Logged

haefnerphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 680
    • http://www.jameshaefner.com
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3199 on: October 21, 2011, 02:26:08 pm »

Ghoonk, What nice work!  The last shot is the only one that I could say doesn't do much for me, the others are great.  Jim
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 214   Go Up