Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1796265 times)

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25150
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3080 on: July 19, 2011, 04:41:02 am »

You are waaaaay to diversely talented. You make us specialists look like were rowing with one oar............... 8)



Nothing to worry about, Kirk: look how well the Venetians do out of that game!

Rob C

dergiman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 206
    • http://www.philippderganz.com
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3081 on: July 19, 2011, 05:21:27 am »

Here's some architecture too.  Jim

Jim, very nice work! What setup did you use for the residential houses?
Logged
Philipp Derganz Photography
www.philippderganz.com
Architektur Photo
Wien, Austria

MarkoRepse

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 234
    • www.markorepse.com
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3082 on: July 19, 2011, 01:18:18 pm »

Nikola and Jim, both very nice in their respective fields!
Logged

haring

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 360
    • http://www.haringphotography.com
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3083 on: July 19, 2011, 02:24:17 pm »

Here's a couple more of a 1937 Peugoet I shot last summer.  It's just recently slowed down enough for me to work on a few things that are more passion than profit.  Even though the car looks a bit out of place in the overhead I think it still works with the rest of the series (shown in the first Recent Works thread).  Jim

[attachment=9017:down_view_0008_dc6.jpg]
[attachment=9016:fender_d...0010_dc5.jpg]


I love it!!!

haefnerphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 680
    • http://www.jameshaefner.com
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3084 on: July 19, 2011, 04:28:40 pm »

Jim, very nice work! What setup did you use for the residential houses?

Dergiman, I used either a Mamiya with a P45 or a 1Dmk2 with either a 24 or 17mm t/s.  No lighting other than what existed was used.  On interiors I'll shoot a wide bracket and then merge the captures in Photomatix using the Exposure Fusion capability.  I find it doesn't look unreal if done correctly.  Jim
Logged

HarperPhotos

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1309
    • http://www.harperphoto.com
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3085 on: July 19, 2011, 07:46:16 pm »

Hello,

Here are a couple of shots I did a few months ago. I got approval from the agency today so I can now show them.

Stats:

Mamiya RZ ProIID
Mamiya RZ 180mm SB lens
Leaf Aptus 75
Bowens flash.

I got my assistant to take some behind the scenes shots.

Cheers

Simon
Logged
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

Frank Doorhof

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1522
    • http://
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3086 on: July 19, 2011, 07:48:59 pm »

Decided to do some stuff with just a lightbulb.
Logged

Frank Doorhof

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1522
    • http://
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3087 on: July 19, 2011, 07:50:18 pm »

And some with normal strobes :D
Logged

dergiman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 206
    • http://www.philippderganz.com
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3088 on: July 20, 2011, 01:57:54 am »

Dergiman, I used either a Mamiya with a P45 or a 1Dmk2 with either a 24 or 17mm t/s.  No lighting other than what existed was used.  On interiors I'll shoot a wide bracket and then merge the captures in Photomatix using the Exposure Fusion capability.  I find it doesn't look unreal if done correctly.  Jim

Thanks for the info, Jim!
Logged
Philipp Derganz Photography
www.philippderganz.com
Architektur Photo
Wien, Austria

Graham Mitchell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2281
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3089 on: July 20, 2011, 02:57:11 am »

Rob is absolutely right, no fill of any kind. It was way too windy and besides I didn't really need it, the white sand is a great reflector. It was a liberating experience - just a camera and a girl, no fuss, no flashes, no assistants. Gotta start doing that kind of thing more often :)

I tried that this morning. Didn't turn out too well...

Logged

Graham Mitchell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2281
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3090 on: July 20, 2011, 03:37:05 am »

Moments earlier:



« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:49:58 am by Graham Mitchell »
Logged

Frank Doorhof

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1522
    • http://
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3091 on: July 20, 2011, 03:39:30 am »

With the right look in PHotoshop this can rock.
Just make it a bit more "rough" "gritty" and you have a winner, this is rather flat, but I LOVE the idea.
Logged

Frank Doorhof

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1522
    • http://
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3092 on: July 20, 2011, 03:54:10 am »

I normally don't work on other people's images from fora because I was asked (so I got permission) here my idea of a more gritty look.
Of course this is all 100% personal. But this would be my choice for retouch.
Logged

Frank Doorhof

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1522
    • http://
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3093 on: July 20, 2011, 04:03:09 am »

the first one would make a nice vintage conversion, like a film frame from an old movie.
Again this is 100% personal of course.
Always difficult to do it someone else's shots.
Logged

Graham Mitchell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2281
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3094 on: July 20, 2011, 06:36:44 am »

Always difficult to do it someone else's shots.

And always interesting to see how others would do it. Thanks for your suggestions :)
Logged

Graham Mitchell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2281
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3095 on: July 20, 2011, 10:22:08 am »

In fact I find the Graham images pretty good, the only reason IMO why he has the sensation that it didn't work so much is because the atmosphere has to be post produced
in order to make the viewer dream.

Actually that was a joke - my shoot was rudely interrupted by an angry bedouin ;)

You're suggestion of airborne sand is well taken though. Might play with that later too.
Logged

Graham Mitchell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2281
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3096 on: July 20, 2011, 07:55:33 pm »

Retouched:

Logged

SecondFocus

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 526
    • SecondFocus
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3097 on: July 22, 2011, 01:22:29 pm »

Outstanding!

:)

"Le soleil blanc du désert"
Atlantis dunes, around 150km from Cape Town, South Africa
H4D-40+35-90, natural light
Logged
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

nazdravanul

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 135
    • Stefan Iacob - visual artist
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3098 on: July 22, 2011, 01:40:38 pm »

Logged

SecondFocus

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 526
    • SecondFocus
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3099 on: July 28, 2011, 12:05:19 am »

Another day in the gym for me.

Mamiya DM33...

Logged
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 214   Go Up