Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1795966 times)

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3020 on: June 24, 2011, 03:30:29 am »

A couple of residential interiors, shot for Bleu Leman Design:
A few more on the blog. Feedback welcomed!
There seems to me to be something odd about the perspective on the first shot. I can't put my finger on it but I get a feeling that the cornicing doesn't look quite right and that the back wall seems to be sloping away from me.

Just me, probably.

Jeremy
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25148
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3021 on: June 24, 2011, 03:40:46 am »

There seems to me to be something odd about the perspective on the first shot. I can't put my finger on it but I get a feeling that the cornicing doesn't look quite right and that the back wall seems to be sloping away from me.

Just me, probably.

Jeremy



I see what you mean, but I think it's an optical illusion brought on by the slope of the light stand and the curtains, not to mention the ladder frame stand adding to the unfriendly slopes. In other words, I think everything is squared up well, but the objects themselves defeat the hard work.

Rob C

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25148
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3022 on: June 24, 2011, 03:42:35 am »

My nitpic of some otherwise nice images is the moving props(the guitar).  That drives me nuts, even when we do it on occasion :)


Hey, it's on tour; what did you expect?

Rob C

Craig Lamson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3264
    • Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3023 on: June 24, 2011, 09:42:46 am »


Hey, it's on tour; what did you expect?

Rob C

 ;D
Logged
Craig Lamson Photo

Scott Hargis

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 220
    • Scott Hargis Photo
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3024 on: June 24, 2011, 10:23:12 am »

Thanks for the thoughts, guys, I appreciate it very much. The ID and I actually discussed the moving props - she wondered if it was OK to do that and I told her that if we were shooting for a magazine spread, probably not; but since these were being made for her portfolio I thought it would be OK.

These were shot on a 5dmII with at 24TS (first shot) and a 17-40 at 33mm (second shot).

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3025 on: June 24, 2011, 12:26:41 pm »

These were shot on a 5dmII with at 24TS (first shot) and a 17-40 at 33mm (second shot).
It's interesting that the second one looks more "natural" than the first. Did you apply a perspective correction of some kind in post?

Jeremy
Logged

Graham Mitchell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2281
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3026 on: June 24, 2011, 02:52:37 pm »

I've been pretty quiet lately, but settling into Dubai now:



Logged

DanielStone

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 664
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3027 on: June 25, 2011, 04:50:49 am »

I can't remember if it was in this thread, I know it was on this forum at least, someone posted a behind-the-scenes video of a beverage commercial being shot, lots of crew, and shooting 35mm MP film

does anyone know where that video is here? I told a friend about it, but can't seem to find it.

thanks

-Dan
Logged

valucolso

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3028 on: June 29, 2011, 12:32:03 am »

here's one from today

"a narrow miss with a train!"


H2, P30+, HC 50-110
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:00:47 am by valucolso »
Logged

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3029 on: June 29, 2011, 12:16:12 pm »

here's one from today

"a narrow miss with a train!"


H2, P30+, HC 50-110

What will this image be used for?
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

valucolso

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3030 on: June 29, 2011, 12:44:32 pm »

What will this image be used for?

A local dealership in Austin, TX

Josh
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25148
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3031 on: June 29, 2011, 03:32:13 pm »

Dodgy concept: I am under the impression that derring-do, 007 and similar high horsepower stuff has become very politically incorrect in the world of car advertising: power is out and grace is in; or shopping baskets and babies - flavour to suit. What you actually do with the car, of course, is beyond the scope of the censors.

This thought isn't meant to be a stab at a funny; it's meant for real.

Rob C

pixjohn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 716
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3032 on: June 29, 2011, 11:35:21 pm »

Car image

Sorry, I don't get the image at all.

1) Looks soft
2) car does not look like its really moving?
3) car looks dark.
4) head lights is blown out and distracting. Also looks bright right behind the car.
5) looks like a snap shot with my point and shoot.


[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 11:39:00 pm by pixjohn »
Logged

Scott Hargis

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 220
    • Scott Hargis Photo
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3033 on: June 30, 2011, 12:08:31 am »

I think the softness in the car image is on purpose. I like the concept.

Here's another residential shot:

Frank Doorhof

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1522
    • http://
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3034 on: June 30, 2011, 01:17:02 pm »

Some from yesterday.


More about this session on :
http://www.frankdoorhof.com/site/?p=2521

Soon the backstage video also on www.frankdoorhof.com

Logged

HarperPhotos

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1309
    • http://www.harperphoto.com
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3035 on: July 02, 2011, 06:02:41 pm »

Hello,

Well its been awhile since I put up a new image.

Shot this a few months ago for a biography book cover of  a chap call Phil Kingsley Jones.

Stats:

Mamiya RZ ProIID
Mamiya RZ 65mm lens
Leaf Aptus 75
Bowens flash

Also check out my new website.

http://www.harperphoto.com

Cheers

Simon 
Logged
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

SecondFocus

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 526
    • SecondFocus
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3036 on: July 02, 2011, 11:13:01 pm »

here's one from today

"a narrow miss with a train!"

I like the photo, it's fun.

But I just have a hard time with the title "a narrow miss with a train!" because I get no sense of motion for the car or train.
Logged
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

amsp

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 810
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3037 on: July 03, 2011, 07:46:48 am »

I'm currently on vacation in Istanbul using the opportunity to expand on the travel section of my portfolio.

"Istanbul, two generations of bakers working together in perfect unison, making traditional wafer-thin Turkish bread called Yufka. The flour was everywhere as they worked at a frantic pace in this tiny space, but I managed to snap a couple of shots."

Captured with a P25 on Mamiya 645, 80mm f/1.9



Logged

BobDavid

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3313
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3038 on: July 03, 2011, 01:42:50 pm »

Some from yesterday.


More about this session on :
http://www.frankdoorhof.com/site/?p=2521

Soon the backstage video also on www.frankdoorhof.com



Great concept and execution. Again, your lighting technique puts me in awe.
Logged

BobDavid

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3313
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3039 on: July 03, 2011, 01:51:06 pm »

Simon, I think your new website is outstanding. Your work show such a wide range of creativity. You are a photographer's photographer.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 214   Go Up