Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best way to learn pro DSLR techniques?  (Read 4972 times)

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
Best way to learn pro DSLR techniques?
« on: May 06, 2004, 02:10:42 pm »

Didger,

I admire your tenacity and energy for this undertaking. If by any chance you'll be in the Northeast Ohio area during your travels, I'd welcome the chance to hear about your experiences over a cup of coffee.
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 07:35:55 pm »

I know I have the eye and I don't think I'm too dumb to learn, but I do have to plead guilty to ignorance.  Photoshop is a separate issue for another thread.
I have some Canon 1Ds tips posted at http://visual-vacations.com/Photography/Di...Photography.htm.

didger

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 12:47:54 pm »

I've recently gone through a very intensive review and forum process for figuring out the best camera and lens configuration for my next major photography phase.  I've done a lot of shooting with old Canon 35mm and with high end point and shoot type digital, but pro DSLR is new territory for me and really deep lens issues are also new.  Until recently I thought bokeh was a misspelling and that there was some sort of subtle lens thing like bouquet for wine (:
I also didn't have a clue about histograms and now realize that doing a preview shot and then doing the real shot based on histogram evaluation is another fantastically powerful digital option.
Is there any "one stop shopping" option for learning everything I need to know to get the most out of a powerhouse like the 1ds?  I'm not into reading photography magazines or spending all my time on forums for the latest and for every possible take on every possible issue.  However, is there some single reasonably easily digestible information source?
I know I have the eye and I don't think I'm too dumb to learn, but I do have to plead guilty to ignorance.  Photoshop is a separate issue for another thread.

didger

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 04:28:22 pm »

Thanks Boku.  I don't see a trip that far East any time soon, but ya never know.  Of all the things I could be accused of in life, lack of tenacity or energy would not be on the list, that's for sure.  Peskily persistent, crazy, yeah.

didger

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 01:53:50 am »

Thanks, I've bookmarked the site and will study when I have the time (maybe a little closer to when I actually have the camera)
Pages: [1]   Go Up