Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: configuring the cannon cameras  (Read 3679 times)

configuring the cannon cameras
« on: June 24, 2003, 06:00:20 pm »

Canon EOS lenses do not have aperture rings, therefore one must use the dials to set aperture and shutter speed.

Michael

Eitan Waks

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 03:25:49 pm »

I am currently a Nikon owner.  I own two of the older models, a N 8008s, and a N 90s.  I currently said the shutter speed through a control dial on top of the camera, and aperture on my lens.  I bought these cameras less than a year ago, specifically for this combination because of my physical disabilities in my hands.  As I noticed Nikon has moved over to a newer format of cameras.  This new format has two control dials to select the shutter and aperture.  Using these dials is very difficult for me.  In the near future I will purchase a digital camera, and have recently looked into the cannon models.

The button format of the cannon models include a control dial on top of the camera near the LCD, and one wheel control dial on the back of the camera.  I know it is possible to which the functions between the two control dials, however I was wondering whether I can use the control dial on the back to set the shutter and set the aperture through the lens?  This combination would be ideal for my needs.

Any responses are welcome,
Eitan Waks

P.S. I am especially looking into the following cameras: EOS 1v for my film camera, and EOS 1D/S or EOS 10 for a digital camera.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 03:21:22 am »

If you shoot aperture priority, you can control the aperture with the dial on top of the camera. In manual mode, I have my 1Ds set to control shutter speed with the top dial, and aperture with the wheel on the back. This can be reversed if desired.
Pages: [1]   Go Up