Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon Announces Firmware & Software Upgrades  (Read 5273 times)

Marshal

Nikon Announces Firmware & Software Upgrades
« on: October 08, 2002, 07:57:59 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I forgot to add that NC 3.5 is only for Europe at the moment, but I would think that Nikon USA and Canada should be offering it before long. The firmware upgrades will be available in the U.S. in November.

While not as good as the offerings from Canon and Kodak, this will extend my D1X's useable lifetime and hold me over until a worthy successor comes along, however long that will be. It will also help the resale value of the camera some.[/font]

Marshal

Nikon Announces Firmware & Software Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2002, 07:52:28 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Nikon Europe has announced firmware upgrades for the D1X and H and D100(compatibility with Mac Jaguar), which include enlarging the frame buffer of the X from 9 to 21 Jpeg frames and in RAW from 6 to 14.  

Also, the new Nikon Capture v3.5 has a new interpolation feature for RAW files that allow interpolating the resolution to 4016X2616, equaling 10MP. This interpolation will not be as good as a chip with an actual 10-10.5 MP, but it will be an improvement over the current +/- 5.5MP rez.

NC 3.5 will also have a color noise reduction feature that will produce less noisy files when shooting at high ISOs. Also Auto Vignetting Control to counter light falloff with some wide-angle lenses. Those a a few of the improvements.  

Check out the news at http://www.dpreview.com[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up