Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download Problems  (Read 6894 times)

hbb

Download Problems
« on: September 14, 2008, 10:54:55 am »

Just purchased the LR2 video this morning and I am now trying to download the zip files. In nearly each case (got two zip files through and more than 20 downloads did not work), the downloads stopped after between 5 and 160 MB.

Just to verify my connection, I have used three computers (Win200, WinXP and OSX) with a DSL line at home and the Leased Line in my office.

Does anybody has an idea?

Regards

Bernd

KeithR

Download Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:14:01 pm »

Just purchased the LR2 video this morning and I am now trying to download the zip files. In nearly each case (got two zip files through and more than 20 downloads did not work), the downloads stopped after between 5 and 160 MB.

Just to verify my connection, I have used three computers (Win200, WinXP and OSX) with a DSL line at home and the Leased Line in my office.

Does anybody has an idea?

Regards

Bernd
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Unfortunately, the principal personnel are away for awhile:
[a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27766]http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=27766[/url]
There is a FAQ on downloading from this site. Have you looked there for any answers?
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

gerk

• http://
Download Problems
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 01:20:39 pm »

If you haven't tried already, try clearing you cache on the machines that had the problem.  Lots of times the browser will try and continue the previous download attempt (which it can't do with the system they run for these downloads).  Also try downloading one file at a time.  You have to be logged in when the download starts, and if you happened to queue up a bunch of them they might have failed for that reason as the store login can time out.

HTH

hbb

Download Problems
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 04:35:19 pm »

If you haven't tried already, try clearing you cache on the machines that had the problem.  Lots of times the browser will try and continue the previous download attempt (which it can't do with the system they run for these downloads).  Also try downloading one file at a time.  You have to be logged in when the download starts, and if you happened to queue up a bunch of them they might have failed for that reason as the store login can time out.

HTH
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=221580\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have tried that of course on all machines (the cache was empty and I downloaded one file only). The first thing I have recognized was that the LL system prevents my browser(s) - Explorer or Safari - from continuing where the download stopped. After a week, I was now able to download 3 zip files only.

It is very time consuming, when the download stops after 350 MB  (or 2 hours) and you have to restart from zero. As said before, I have tried my old Win2000 system via DSL connection 1, my new OS X system via DSL connection 2 (that's another provider at a different location) and a WinXP notebook in my office via a Leased Line.

Regards

Bernd

gerk

• http://
Download Problems
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 04:39:06 pm »

Not sure what else to tell you, it works for me in win XP or OSX

hbb

Download Problems
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 01:34:04 pm »

In the meantime I was able to download all segments. The issue is a quite easy one which can be solved be trying and trying again   .

Technically, both of my different DSL lines in my house and appartment in another city are provided by Deutsche Telekom. Sometimes (or manytimes), the DSL line drops for a moment - what you never realize when you simply surf the net - and the download agents are immediately trying to recover the connection. That is not possible with the LL Store, because the link to the file is valid for a short period only. Therefore, I must have luck to get no DSL line drops for an hour, what is the typical time to download a segment.

Not the best solution, I think.

Michael, is there a chance, that the download links stay longer, e.g. 90 minutes, to ensure a complete download?

Regards

Bernd
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 01:35:00 pm by hbb »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Download Problems
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 10:47:42 pm »

Quote from: hbb
Technically, both of my different DSL lines in my house and appartment in another city are provided by Deutsche Telekom. Sometimes (or manytimes), the DSL line drops for a moment - what you never realize when you simply surf the net - and the download agents are immediately trying to recover the connection. That is not possible with the LL Store, because the link to the file is valid for a short period only. Therefore, I must have luck to get no DSL line drops for an hour, what is the typical time to download a segment.
Not the best solution, I think.
Michael, is there a chance, that the download links stay longer, e.g. 90 minutes, to ensure a complete download?
The L-L Store server has only two parameters that affect downloads:
1. No 'active' download is cut off.
2. An 'inactive' connection/download is cut off after 30 minutes of inactivity. This allows other users to access the downloads.

Most download problems are caused by the use of a Download Manager - most of which do not work with our secure server. Download Mangers should be disabled. Also multiple simultaneous downloads are very likely to be corrupted, it is best to download one file at a time.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:50:28 pm by Chrissand »
Pages: [1]   Go Up