Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nick Rains' Post Deleted  (Read 29489 times)

James R

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2008, 11:50:51 am »

If he was as rude to these people as he is on this site sometimes then he would no longer be acquainted with them End of story He deliberately chooses to be rude That is the bottom line None of us are perfect As a moderator of a website I know the problems involved One of them - I am not suggesting that this is the present case - is that a poster has had a couple of beers or whatever and they post something that they wouldn't normally do I honestly hope that Jeff can continue to post his thoughts on photography without the personal stuff I am surprised that Michael hasn't stepped in and ended this thread Other posters who "wind" people up without trying to be humorous should take note from this thread Now as someone who thinks that Nikon is better than Canon .............  :    
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219832\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A thread pretty much has run its course when politics enters the conversation.  As to this thread:  Every now and then it is good to air one's feelings, which seems to have happened here--a family argument if you will.  Might be good to shut this thread down.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:51:38 am by James R »

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2008, 12:09:49 pm »

If he was as rude to these people as he is on this site sometimes then he would no longer be acquainted with them End of story He deliberately chooses to be rude That is the bottom line None of us are perfect As a moderator of a website I know the problems involved One of them - I am not suggesting that this is the present case - is that a poster has had a couple of beers or whatever and they post something that they wouldn't normally do I honestly hope that Jeff can continue to post his thoughts on photography without the personal stuff I am surprised that Michael hasn't stepped in and ended this thread Other posters who "wind" people up without trying to be humorous should take note from this thread Now as someone who thinks that Nikon is better than Canon .............  :    

Holy Cow! You moderate a forum?...did you ever hear about something called punctuation?...it's this really novel little invention. Maybe you should look it up...only a suggestion, a friendly one by the way.

M

Peter_DL

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2008, 02:19:22 pm »

… Personally, I value SMOOTH and safe riding more than aggressive...aggressive riding gets you a hospital stay more than likely.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219804\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
…couldn’t we just agree on this part as (gentle)man…

In real life words can lead to a physical confrontation, but one is safe from physical assault on the net. …. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219818\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The old way – perhaps wasn’t so wrong
(ok, I’m 105 kg guy with some belts in martial arts (seriously)).

I am just a guest here obviously, but I see enough agression in other places not to be looking forward to find some here. …. Why don't we just decide to keep being smarter?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219741\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yep.

Peter

--

NikosR

• http://
Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2008, 02:43:17 pm »

That might be a matter of debate. I'll have you know I just turned 93,000K on my 1996 R110GS after riding back from Mendicino, CA (2,400 miles one way) after having torn a calf muscle and twisted an ankle. And THAT'S riding alone from CS-NV-WY-SD-WI and finally IL at an average MPH of about 75MPH (yeah some of it was slower through Yellowstone but pretty much over 90MPH through NV & SD).

So, you may THINK you're more aggressive, but try keeping up with me packing my computer, a 1DsM3 + lenses, clothing and "stuff" and tell me that running a 600 mile day (on average) is whimpy riding...

Personally, I value SMOOTH and safe riding more than aggressive...aggressive riding gets you a hospital stay more than likely.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219804\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good for you, ironbutt, but why do we care about all that?

Who said I am aggressive or I ride aggressively? I used the adjective referring to the bike, I believe.

It was a half joke Mr. Schewe, just replying to the poster who thought that riding a big bike must mean one acquires an attitude. Which, again,  was a joke...

It seems to me you really need to constantly assert yourself and let us all know what you do and what you care of or not all the time. Attitude? No.. I would call it an acute insecurity problem but then I'm no pro...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:04:14 pm by NikosR »
Nikos

bjanes

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2008, 03:49:50 pm »

I am surprised that Michael hasn't stepped in and ended this thread Other posters who "wind" people up without trying to be humorous should take note from this thread Now as someone who thinks that Nikon is better than Canon .............  :    
I agree that this thread has outlived its usefulness. If Michael wisely does choose to close down this thread, it would be the third thread in my recent memory where an abusive thread in which Mr. Schewe was involved was marked read only or shutdown.

Bill

David Good

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2008, 06:12:02 pm »

WOW..........now back to your regularly scheduled program.........things to do with photography I believe.  :}

Dave

mrleonard

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2008, 08:59:13 pm »

I can't believe all you all go on about something so pathetically uninteresting. If you're going to aggressively argue and be rude, at least let it be about something a bit more dynamic than "Why's that guy so mean...", "awww, you don't have to be so mean", and " Here's some gossip, oops I mean secret and I shouldn't have told you..."
nya nya na naa na

stamper

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2008, 04:25:24 am »

Holy Cow! You moderate a forum?...did you ever hear about something called punctuation?...it's this really novel little invention. Maybe you should look it up...only a suggestion, a friendly one by the way.

M
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219837\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I take it you managed to read and understand the post, despite the lack of..... what did you call it? There has been a few of these posts recently where somebody tries to state their superiority in sentence making. I think you come into the category that I stated "wind up" without humour. I hope as a target I managed to make your day?

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2008, 04:41:37 am »

I take it you managed to read and understand the post, despite the lack of..... what did you call it? There has been a few of these posts recently where somebody tries to state their superiority in sentence making. I think you come into the category that I stated "wind up" without humour. I hope as a target I managed to make your day?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219922\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Superiority? please, don't be silly...I made it through your post with some difficulty and that's why i commented on your laziness to use a period when needed. You didn't make my day, trust me. Target? That's a childish assumption. All I did was comment on the use of written language and the way you use it or abuse it making it difficult to read your post. No more, no less. I think you're reading too much into my comment.  

stamper

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2008, 05:49:06 am »

Superiority? please, don't be silly...I made it through your post with some difficulty and that's why i commented on your laziness to use a period when needed. You didn't make my day, trust me. Target? That's a childish assumption. All I did was comment on the use of written language and the way you use it or abuse it making it difficult to read your post. No more, no less. I think you're reading too much into my comment. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219925\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you find it difficult to read a post without a period in it you have a problem. The capital letters starting a sentence should give you a clue. Moderating a site has little or nothing to do with punctuation. It is the content that is looked at. If I picked up on the punctuation of every poster then there wouldn't be any! BTW it would be helpful if you used a spell checker. You didn't capitalize i . Hopefully you can move on to somebody else now?

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2008, 05:52:41 am »

If you find it difficult to read a post without a period in it you have a problem. The capital letters starting a sentence should give you a clue. Moderating a site has little or nothing to do with punctuation. It is the content that is looked at. If I picked up on the punctuation of every poster then there wouldn't be any! BTW it would be helpful if you used a spell checker. You didn't capitalize i . Hopefully you can move on to somebody else now?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219930\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Your ignorance and immaturity is showing...to say nothing of your paranoia...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:54:58 am by momo2 »

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2008, 06:44:28 am »

I can't believe all you all go on about something so pathetically uninteresting. If you're going to aggressively argue and be rude, at least let it be about something a bit more dynamic than "Why's that guy so mean...", "awww, you don't have to be so mean", and " Here's some gossip, oops I mean secret and I shouldn't have told you..."
nya nya na naa na
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219899\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think you have it right. I can't remember such a disgraceful display of human weakness on this forum. The complete inability not to harbour resentment and bitterness and anger. The complete inability to practise forgiveness, to offer generosity of spirit. We all rub each other the wrong way from time to time. No need to carry it on to the next morning. Peaceful people are powerful people. No sign of that today.

michael

Nick Rains' Post Deleted
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2008, 08:27:02 am »

OK folks, time for bed.

Michael
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up