Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where's the Adobe DNG Converter 4.5 app?  (Read 14074 times)

John MacLean

• John MacLean Photography
Where's the Adobe DNG Converter 4.5 app?
« on: August 12, 2008, 06:42:36 pm »

I downloaded the ACR plugin and the DNG app isn't in the dmg. What gives?

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3942

michael

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 07:52:49 pm »

It's on the Adobe Labs web site.

Michael

John MacLean

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 08:02:24 pm »

Thanks Michael, I think you're maybe confusing the DNG Profile Editor and DNG Converter 4.5?

According to PSN it's on the link I mentioned. See: http://photoshopnews.com/2008/07/28/adobe-...g-converter-45/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 08:05:55 pm by John MacLean »

KeithR

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 08:53:21 pm »

Thanks Michael, I think you're maybe confusing the DNG Profile Editor and DNG Converter 4.5?

According to PSN it's on the link I mentioned. See: http://photoshopnews.com/2008/07/28/adobe-...g-converter-45/
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214691\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Removed comment
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 09:04:44 pm by KeithR »
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

01af

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 07:48:10 am »

You cannot download Adobe DNG Converter only. Instead, you must download Adobe Camera Raw. It comes in two packages---one package is Adobe Camera Raw only; the other is Adobe Camera Raw + Adobe DNG Converter bundled. Both packages are found in the same place at Adobe's download page (for Mac/for Windows). Download the latter, unpack it, and throw away Adobe Camera Raw if you don't need it.

At Adobe Labs you will find the Beta version of the new Adobe DNG Profile Editor 1.0 as well as a set of new camera profiles.

-- Olaf
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 07:51:36 am by 01af »

KeithR

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 10:06:37 am »

I posted this in the Adobe DNG user to user forum:
I downloaded the ACR 4.5 update along with the DNG converter and the best I can do with the DNG Converter is to create a shortcut to the .exe in order to have an icon on my desktop. When I unzipped the file after downloading it, it does not create or ask to create a desktop icon. I'm running Vista(32 bit).
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

DarkPenguin

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 10:14:21 am »

I posted this in the Adobe DNG user to user forum:
I downloaded the ACR 4.5 update along with the DNG converter and the best I can do with the DNG Converter is to create a shortcut to the .exe in order to have an icon on my desktop. When I unzipped the file after downloading it, it does not create or ask to create a desktop icon. I'm running Vista(32 bit).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=214768\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It has been like that forever.  I just put the exe on my desktop.

(Actually I don't.  I'm using lightroom now.)

John MacLean

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 06:41:56 pm »

THIS is the answer I was looking for.

vandevanterSH

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 04:22:16 pm »

I have added disk space and moved files.  CS3 now give error message that application has moved..need to do repair..I log in as admin and repair is "done" but same error message comes up when I restart CS3....I have downloaded ACR 4.5 but it won't update, I assume due to "application has moved"....How do I fix this problem?  (Mac Pro..l0.5.4)

Steve

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 06:29:38 pm »

Un-move the application or do a re-install. All of Photoshop's components must be tucked inside of the root Adobe Photoshop application folder. Moving them is a bad idea (which you've now found out).

vandevanterSH

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 06:50:34 pm »

Un-move the application or do a re-install. All of Photoshop's components must be tucked inside of the root Adobe Photoshop application folder. Moving them is a bad idea (which you've now found out).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215710\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the help.  I am very good at finding things out the hard way.

Steve

vandevanterSH

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 08:51:23 pm »

Thanks for the help.  I am very good at finding things out the hard way.

Steve
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215713\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Rut..Roh..!!! I did a de-install and tried to re-install and it won't re-install CS3.

Steve

01af

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 10:27:26 am »

I did a de-install and tried to re-install and it won't re-install CS3.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=215720\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Photoshop gets tangled up in its own files, folders, and registry entries extremely easily.  It almost seems it has been implemented by a committee of software developers were one has no idea what the other did.

Just recently I installed Photoshop CS3 on a notebook PC (running Windows XP), and I had to cancel the installation process a few seconds after it has started. When re-launching the set-up procedure, it refused to install the software. Instead, it kept telling me that installing two Adobe products simultaneously is not possible and I must end the running set-up procedure before starting the next. But there was no set-up procedure running!

Eventually, I fixed the issue by walking the Windows Registry and manually removing all keys, values, and data referring to Photoshop CS3 or one of its components. Just why can't the set-up procedure tidy up the mess it leaves behind when being cancelled?

-- Olaf

vandevanterSH

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 10:53:54 am »

Photoshop gets tangled up in its own files, folders, and registry entries extremely easily.  It almost seems it has been implemented by a committee of software developers were one has no idea what the other did.

Just recently I installed Photoshop CS3 on a notebook PC (running Windows XP), and I had to cancel the installation process a few seconds after it has started. When re-launching the set-up procedure, it refused to install the software. Instead, it kept telling me that installing two Adobe products simultaneously is not possible and I must end the running set-up procedure before starting the next. But there was no set-up procedure running!

Eventually, I fixed the issue by walking the Windows Registry and manually removing all keys, values, and data referring to Photoshop CS3 or one of its components. Just why can't the set-up procedure tidy up the mess it leaves behind when being cancelled?

-- Olaf
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=216011\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks...That is my conclusion..I just checked and there are still PS related files in the Library folder....I sent a email to Adobe support..hopefully they will respond..If not, I will go on a PS file  hunt and trash everything that I can find.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up