Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting the AF buttons on 1Ds3 like 1D2  (Read 2195 times)

araz

• Araz Jakalian Photography
Setting the AF buttons on 1Ds3 like 1D2
« on: August 06, 2008, 12:42:40 pm »

I want to setup the AF buttons on my 1Ds3 in the same way as my 1D2, i.e. the "*" button for automatic AF point selection and the "AF-ON" button for center point.  Is it possible to do it?

If I've missed something in the manual or the custom functions just let me have it.  I've tried searching on various forums but all I get are discussions about the AF performance issues.

Anyone else think the multi-controler is too small and way to close to the LCD screen?  I'm having a hard time moving it in the direction that I want, it's specially difficult to move left because my thumb bumps into the LCD screen...
I imagine it will be useless in the winter time when I'm wearing gloves, even though they are very thin.

Araz

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 02:42:46 pm »

I want to setup the AF buttons on my 1Ds3 in the same way as my 1D2, i.e. the "*" button for automatic AF point selection and the "AF-ON" button for center point.  Is it possible to do it?

If I've missed something in the manual or the custom functions just let me have it.  I've tried searching on various forums but all I get are discussions about the AF performance issues.

Anyone else think the multi-controler is too small and way to close to the LCD screen?  I'm having a hard time moving it in the direction that I want, it's specially difficult to move left because my thumb bumps into the LCD screen...
I imagine it will be useless in the winter time when I'm wearing gloves, even though they are very thin.

Araz
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=213434\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

the af button is a few mm to the right of the * button now. its a dedicated button, which is nice.
but i did find it quite far around, and isnt so positive as the button has an angle on it.
after using the mk3 for for about 3-4 months i dont even think about it, using the button is seamless.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

araz

• Araz Jakalian Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 08:00:26 pm »

I don't mind the AF-ON button, it's just that I can't select a registered point with the button next to it.

Pressing the multi-controller has two main problems, IMO: i) it's too far and ii) it's a two step process, you first select the focus point and then go back to the AF-ON button to actually activate that selected focus point.  It used to be so much faster with the mkII: two buttons side-by-side and both activate the auto-focus on a single press.

Oh well, I guess I have to come to grips with this new way of working.  Has anyone figured out a clever AF setup they are willing to share?

Araz
Pages: [1]   Go Up