Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 2 Conversion CR2 to DNG  (Read 5546 times)

Adam L

• http://adamlozo.com
Lightroom 2 Conversion CR2 to DNG
« on: August 01, 2008, 07:01:32 am »

I converted my raw images to dng format from Lr2.    Some of the files are being identified as missing from the grid view or filmstrip, and they all have the CR2 file extension.  I had selected the option to delete the raw file after a successful conversion so I was expecting to see the image with the dng extension from within Lr.  

When I right click these missing files and open the source directory it brings up a list of close matches.   I see the same filename with the dng extension and am able to select this file and restore the image back to Lr.

The good news is that nothing seems to be lost.  The bad news is that I need to manually bring each missing image back into Lr.   Fortunately my library has only 6,000 images and it seems like only 5-10% are affected.

Could there be user error behind this problem?  Possibly.   During the conversion process a second operation began in the background.   I saw a right pointing arrow (just a single arrow) next to both these operations.  Being curious (or stupid) and not seeing this in Lr1 I clicked.   The second operation went away.  

Did I screw up or is this a bug?
"That's a lot of money to move a few pix

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:23:36 am »

Sounds like you maybe cancelled the import operation? The conversion happens first, then the converted DNGs are imported.

Maybe you clicked on the cancel button after the conversion finished, but before all the DNGs could be imported.
Eric Chan

Adam L

• http://adamlozo.com
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 09:24:28 am »

All of the dng's are in the file folders - it seems that they were correctly created.

Lr continues to reference the cr2 files and displays them as missing from the library.  When I right click on these missing files and select show in the folder, I see the dng file.   Selecting the dng file then updates Lr and the image appears back in the Library with both the thumbnail and full image available to view.
"That's a lot of money to move a few pix
Pages: [1]   Go Up