Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suburban runoff  (Read 5192 times)

dalethorn

Suburban runoff
« on: July 28, 2008, 10:06:12 am »

The flower here is about a half-inch wide.  Shooting straight down from above, I couldn't avoid all reflections, so I left in what looked suitable for this image.  The water flow most days is minimal, yet it's still interesting that the little flower grew and survived a few days in that area.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Suburban runoff
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 05:11:38 pm »

Can't see the stem in this shot, but it looks a little like a plant called 'blue-eyed grass'.  Not a grass at all, but related to lillies (Sisyrinchium montanum).

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Rob C

Suburban runoff
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:38:29 am »

The flower here is about a half-inch wide.  Shooting straight down from above, I couldn't avoid all reflections, so I left in what looked suitable for this image.  The water flow most days is minimal, yet it's still interesting that the little flower grew and survived a few days in that area.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=211158\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nice shot, Dale, with interesting background colours and effects; perhaps it would have been better to have left out the location information - creates a negative vibe that would certainly not have been felt without the added info. On the other hand, I´ve had a lousy morning tryng to fix a calcified water inlet to the property right on the eve of the annual August holiday season, when plumbers are as scarce as hens´teeth. But they are always as scarce as hens´teeth, so perhaps it´s only the sunshine that´s messed with my brain chemistry.

Rob C

dalethorn

Suburban runoff
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 01:30:08 pm »

.....interesting background colours and effects; perhaps it would have been better to have left out the location information.....
Rob C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=212004\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yep, I generally agree.  In this case, I needed some description for what would otherwise be interpreted as other-worldly, and suffering the early-morning what-the-hecks, I just gave in and went for literal.  There's an analogy in Bill & Ted #1 where the boys are introducing the historical people to "mom", and when they get to Abe Lincoln, there's no funny line they can dredge up at that point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up