Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazed by HD Video in LLVJ #17  (Read 5510 times)

Dan Carter

Amazed by HD Video in LLVJ #17
« on: July 23, 2008, 12:31:12 am »

Greetings Michael and Chris,

I recently downloaded LLVJ #17. Obviously, I was first drawn by the photographic topic, but was totally amazed by the quality of the Antactic video. So much so, I've watched it three or four times. Even more, I've purchased a Sony HDR-SR11 and begun shooting HD video myself.

I worked with MiniDV for about two years and enjoyed the process, but was unimpressed with the video quality. The HD video I've been producing with the Sony is beyond my expectations. Thank you for providing the incentive for me to try video again.

How about an LLVJ segment on video tips and workflow?

Kind Regards,
Dan

Pete Ferling

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 08:59:44 am »

I agree, the HD version is worth the extra five bucks.  I pay more if blue-ray versions were available.  The quality would be the equivalent of watching the same program on the editors workstation.

I wear two hats as video editor and photographer.  I have a Canon XH-G1, fixed lens, but it's an L glass.  I also have Sony's first HD palmcorder, the HC1, and the small size takes up no more room than a medium sized lens in my bag.

I believe Jay Maisel was carrying and HC1 on a tripod in his interview.  There were a couple of scenes were he was toting one around, and in the elevator.  Either it was his or he was playing grip for Chris?

dalethorn

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 09:00:03 am »

The HD video does improve the landscape experience a good deal, but we are still far from the point where, when Michael and friends are comparing prints, you see the prints as though you were sitting there with them.  Not a criticism, just a thought....
Pages: [1]   Go Up