Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tripod Shoulder Straps  (Read 3904 times)

trops

• http://www.giatropoulos.com
Tripod Shoulder Straps
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:35:54 pm »

Has anyone come across a way to connect a strap to the Gitzo so it can be carried across the shoulder?  Used to do that with my previous NeoTec and miss it a lot. Having the hands free was much more comfortable and also allowed that quick handheld shot without having to carefully lay the tripod down on the ground first.

SeanBK

Tripod Shoulder Straps
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 08:24:08 am »

Has anyone come across a way to connect a strap to the Gitzo so it can be carried across the shoulder?  Used to do that with my previous NeoTec and miss it a lot. Having the hands free was much more comfortable and also allowed that quick handheld shot without having to carefully lay the tripod down on the ground first.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209304\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I use 3530 Gitzo, so it has a center column, but it should work the same. I got from Loews Hardware store two blank key-rings. They are @ 1.75" in diameter. I hooked one in the leg where it is attached to the lock levers. The second one to the bottom of my center column, but in your case attached to the bottom of the leg. This you can do by removing the rubber feet & attaching to the screw post of the feet. I used an old strap from my camera bag, adjusted the length & attached to the hooks/rings..voila! I travelled this spring & worked perfectly with BH-55 ballhead attached. Total cost under $1.50

Hank

Tripod Shoulder Straps
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 09:43:33 am »

I use a shotgun sling.    Simple, easy, effective and cheap.  If the top loop won't fit over your particular head, just slip a strip of two-sided velcro through the loop and wrap that around the head.  Usually though, the top loop will slip over the QR plate.

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
Tripod Shoulder Straps
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 11:11:45 am »

I use an older Gitzo strap that appears to me to be a rebadged Optech.  It just cinches to the shoulder and end of one leg.  Works fine.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

DavidB

• http://davidburren.com/
Tripod Shoulder Straps
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 11:52:05 am »

I recently started using an Op/Tech tripod strap.  One end is attached around the base of the head (actually, around the base of the levelling base) and the loop at the other end goes around all 3 legs (to keep them together).  I have the last 2 sections of the legs out slightly so the loop can go around the legs without risk of sliding off over the feet.  I arrange it so the head (the heavy end) points towards the ground.
It seems to work well so far.

FWIW, this is with a G1348 (which has no centre column).
Pages: [1]   Go Up