Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flextight X1/X5 Scans in Chicago?  (Read 7943 times)

tgphoto

Flextight X1/X5 Scans in Chicago?
« on: July 18, 2008, 11:51:34 am »

Anybody know of a place in Chicago that offers scanning services using a Flextight X1/X5?

Looking to buy one but can't seem ot find anywhere that will either:

1) rent one

2) provide samples

It's a big chunk o' change to drop on something without seeing how it performs.

I know Columbia has older Imacons, as does the School of the Art Institute, but being neither a student nor faculty, those locations are not an option.

Any working pros in Chicago have one?  I'm really just interested in seeing some samples.

Thanks!

Tim
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:52:12 am by tgphoto »

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:34:27 pm »

I would contact Hasselblad, I am sure they would make arrangements for you to see/demo a unit.
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

tgphoto

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 05:07:31 pm »

I would contact Hasselblad, I am sure they would make arrangements for you to see/demo a unit.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209169\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yup, tried that.  The regional sales rep for the midwest was ever so helpful:

If you are interested in taking a look, you might be able to stop by Columbia College in Chicago to their Digital Lab to see one.  They have probably 8-10 of our scanners.  They’ve been buying them for years, so I can’t recall for sure if they have an X1 or X5.  They may only have the predecessors.  Oakton Community College has an X1.  I don’t recall the contact name there.  University of Illinois Chicago has an X1 too.  <name removed> is the lab manager.  His phone number is XXX-XXX-XXXX.  Hopefully he wouldn’t mind taking a call from you. 

The service bureaus don’t generally like to show it.  I think they feel like there is a potential for lost revenue or something.  I guess I can’t blame them.  The Chicago Tribune and Playboy both use X5’s, but they are so busy with them that I can’t send people there.  Plus, I think there are some corporate policies too.

Kinda thought a company like Hasselblad would be more helpful.  Maybe you have to spend $20K-30K before they offer such assistance?

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 06:53:59 am »

Yup, tried that.  The regional sales rep for the midwest was ever so helpful:
Kinda thought a company like Hasselblad would be more helpful.  Maybe you have to spend $20K-30K before they offer such assistance?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=209244\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Shame I don´t know how to quote from a quotation, but anyway, it´s nice to know that Playboy still uses film! Or is their scanner just for memory´s sake?

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up