Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are my Bridge Thumnails?  (Read 6651 times)

DanPatrick

Where are my Bridge Thumnails?
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:39:05 pm »

All of a sudden, I can't see my thumbnails in some (but not all) directories in Bridge.  What the heck is that?  I put my thumbs on the right side of the frame in a one-frame width vertical panel, with the majority of the screen for Preview.  The thumbs are there and can be seen momentarily if I scroll fast with the mouse roller.  Preview works (one click), as does opening ACR if I click twice where I know the thumb is, but I can't see it.  Anyone ever have that happen?

Dan

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 02:40:43 pm »

SOunds you are having problems similar to my own--see my post below regarding saving my images.  For some reason, Bridge has become very unstable and I had the same problem as you in addition to the saving problem.

I tried resetting the preferences, as another on this forum suggested and it help but not cured

Try this:   Press CTR_ALT_SHIFT at program startup and reset the preferences and see if that helps.

I also reinstalled because my saving problem was not fixed.

I find it interesting that although hundreds of folks have viewed my other post, no one has offered a fix--I must have  a real bizzare problem.

I use Lightroom help my saving issue.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

CynthiaM

• http://www.cynthiamerzerphotography.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 09:17:16 am »

All of a sudden, I can't see my thumbnails in some (but not all) directories in Bridge.  What the heck is that?  I put my thumbs on the right side of the frame in a one-frame width vertical panel, with the majority of the screen for Preview.  The thumbs are there and can be seen momentarily if I scroll fast with the mouse roller.  Preview works (one click), as does opening ACR if I click twice where I know the thumb is, but I can't see it.  Anyone ever have that happen?

Dan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207495\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are they large PSD files? You may need to go to Edit>Preferences and put a bigger number in the box that says "Do Not Process Files Larger Than."
Cynthia Merzer
[url=http://www.cynthiame

DanPatrick

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 02:16:46 pm »

Are they large PSD files? You may need to go to Edit>Preferences and put a bigger number in the box that says "Do Not Process Files Larger Than."
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210401\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, thanks for the idea, but no, they're files I've worked on many times in the past, JPEGs, Tiff, even RAW files.  Funny thing is, I shot some new photos and they show up fine.  It's the older ones that have suddenly disappeared in Bridge.  I've cleared the cache, even reinstalled.  Still, can't see them.  Weird.

Confession - I "lost" this message, i.e. forgot where I posted it, so I re-did it in Digital Image Processing, where it probably should have been all along.  But no one seems that interested there, either.

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up