Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8-ply archival mat board  (Read 8251 times)

mfauman

8-ply archival mat board
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:13:49 am »

Does anyone know where I can order 8-ply archival mat board?  I have checked many of the recognized online sites (e.g. AmericanFrame, Light Impressions, etc.) and very few seem to offer 32"x40" 8-ply board at a reasonable price (including shipping) even if I order 15-20 sheets.
Mike

Ken

• http://kenschuster.com
8-ply archival mat board
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 12:38:42 pm »

BruceHouston

8-ply archival mat board
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 04:06:32 pm »

I ordered Crescent Select 6ply which seems to be about the same thickness as the 8 ply Bainbridge.

I ordered full sheets from Jerry's Artarama and have to say, the shipment was not well packed. The mat board and foam board I ordered were all damaged around the edges and several of the mat boards had a round dent in the middle. Jerry's gave me 30% back, but I won't order from them again. Everything I get from www.framedestination.com is perfectly packed. Even with some FedEx whacks to the outer box, the contents were well padded.

Sharon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206249\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm; can you order full sheets from framedestination.com, Sharon?  I cannot find anything other than cut mats on the website.

Thanks,
Bruce

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
8-ply archival mat board
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 05:16:55 pm »

Thnere are probably other distributors in the Texas area that will cut down on shipping charges for you just google framing supplies or something like that.  I live on the east coast and I have used WWW.framingsupplies.com  Great prices and for me shipping is not too bad.  It may not be bad for you as well you can check their estimates or give them a call.  the minimum order is the equivalent of 25 sheets and you can mix and match backing board, other mats and even foamcore.  Each 8 ply mat counts as 2 sheets toward your 25.

framah

8-ply archival mat board
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 05:51:51 pm »

Tell us where you live and we might be better able to help you.

...and by the way 6 ply is 2 ply thinner than 8 ply.  The biggest problem with having matboard UPS'd to you is their uncanny ability to bung up all four corners of the box so you lose the use of all of the matboard.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

framah

8-ply archival mat board
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 06:07:53 pm »

So, Sharon (pearlstreet)... did you call Don Mar to open an account yet??
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."
Pages: [1]   Go Up