Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 magenta ink leakage on print  (Read 2653 times)

wesley

• http://www.memphiswest.com
Epson 3800 magenta ink leakage on print
« on: July 02, 2008, 07:27:33 am »

Hello all,

I am starting to get ink leakage on my prints. They appeared on the side at 1st but there are tiny dots all over the page now. I have had this printer for less than a year and I have been always using original cartridges. Anybody has experience with this? I tried powering down, auto head cleaning, but no go.

Thanks
Wes
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 07:41:16 am by wesley »

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 09:59:08 am »

Sounds like some hair or fuzz got into the path of the print head. Take a look in the printer and see if you can see anything unusual.

Do you have pets by any chance? A common reason for stuff to get into the printer.

Do you keep the printer covered when not in use?
Eric Chan

wesley

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 10:07:25 am »

Sounds like some hair or fuzz got into the path of the print head. Take a look in the printer and see if you can see anything unusual.

Do you have pets by any chance? A common reason for stuff to get into the printer.

Do you keep the printer covered when not in use?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205001\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for replying Eric,

Yes, I keep it covered. No pets. But it's incredibly dusty here and I don't have a special room for the printer. I did one more auto clean just now (2 in total) and the spotting has been cleared.

Best
Wes

AlanS

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 02:03:41 pm »

I also had magenta inks spotting the print, it happened only some of the time. epson did replace the printer after having me adjust the thickness gap, which did not work.

To add to the story they twice sent refurbs which arrived damaged as they are not packed as well as new units, The 3rd time they sent out a new unit which arrived in fine condition.

alan

Hello all,

I am starting to get ink leakage on my prints. They appeared on the side at 1st but there are tiny dots all over the page now. I have had this printer for less than a year and I have been always using original cartridges. Anybody has experience with this? I tried powering down, auto head cleaning, but no go.

Thanks
Wes
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204980\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

wesley

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 06:48:12 pm »

I also had magenta inks spotting the print, it happened only some of the time. epson did replace the printer after having me adjust the thickness gap, which did not work.

To add to the story they twice sent refurbs which arrived damaged as they are not packed as well as new units, The 3rd time they sent out a new unit which arrived in fine condition.

alan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205039\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Alan

Thanks for the information. I am going to watch closely if it happens again. I am mildly irritated but am glad that it's still within warranty. It seems to be behaving after 50+ A4 prints.

Best
Wes
Pages: [1]   Go Up