Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PhotoKit sharpening equivalents in LR?  (Read 3808 times)

almeck

PhotoKit sharpening equivalents in LR?
« on: June 24, 2008, 03:16:49 pm »

Given the inclusion of PhotoKit-like sharpening in the latest revs of Lightroom, are there (or could there be) equivalent Sharpening settings (Amount, Radius, Detail, Masking) in LR for each of the different capture sharpening choices in PhotoKit?  For example, is there an equivalent LR Sharpening setting set to achieve, say, PhotoKit’s “Digital High-Res Sharpen, Medium Edge Sharpen?”

francois

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 02:15:53 am »

Given the inclusion of PhotoKit-like sharpening in the latest revs of Lightroom, are there (or could there be) equivalent Sharpening settings (Amount, Radius, Detail, Masking) in LR for each of the different capture sharpening choices in PhotoKit?  For example, is there an equivalent LR Sharpening setting set to achieve, say, PhotoKit’s “Digital High-Res Sharpen, Medium Edge Sharpen?”
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Read [a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19057&hl=medium+edge+sharpen]this discussion[/url]. It might give you some pointers.
Francois

almeck

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 08:44:01 am »

Read this discussion. It might give you some pointers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203510\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Perfect, thanks francois!  I searched prior to asking this question, can't believe I missed it.

Al Mecklenburg

francois

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 11:51:37 am »

Perfect, thanks francois!  I searched prior to asking this question, can't believe I missed it.

Al Mecklenburg
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203557\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Al,
The forums is a vast place, it's so easy to miss information. Try to fine tune you image and use those PKS-like settings as starting points.

Good luck.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up