Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about traditonal Fine Art Printing  (Read 9751 times)

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Questions about traditonal Fine Art Printing
« on: June 23, 2008, 04:50:53 am »

Hello,

I'm writing on my thesis, which is about fine art printing and I have some questions about the traditional darkroom aspect. I am glad for every help.

1.Which are the current traditional processes for BW printing?
1.Which one is the best or is there one best ?
2.What is the most commonly used ?
3.When were they developed?
4.What are the differences between the different processes ?

2.Which are the current traditional processes for colour printing?
1.Which one is the best or is there one best ?
2.What is the most commonly used ?
3.When were they developed?
4.What are the differences between the different processes ?

If you have anything else to add feel free to do so.

Thanks for the help.
Christopher Hauser
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

joneil

• This is what beer does to you....
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 08:15:41 am »

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, as the internet is first and foremost the place where somebody always takes offence, even when absolutely none is intended.

Anyhow, my point is, LL is about the last place you'll get good answers on traditional processing.  What you need to do, if you haven't already, is go to the Analog Photo Users Group.  Web site is
http://www.apug.org/forums/home.php

I think you'll find your answers there, and then some.  Again, please don't anyone take offense at this, but it's simply a matter of going where you can find what you need.

When I want to know about how to do something in Photoshop, I come here first.  When I want to know about the difference between using Rodinal and HC-110, I go to APUG.  When I want learn about underwater camera housings, I go to wetpixel.com.  When I want to talk about astro-phtography, I go to cloudynights.com.  When I want to discuss the differences between different 4x5 cameras, I go to the large format photography forums.  

..and so on and so on and so on.....    

good luck
joe
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:15:58 am by joneil »

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 08:36:31 am »

Just an honest question: how can anyone write a thesis yet still have to seek adv¡ce on basics?

I had always understood that a thesis was synonymous with a certain level of advanced expertise.

Rob C

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 06:00:24 am »

Just an honest question: how can anyone write a thesis yet still have to seek adv¡ce on basics?

I had always understood that a thesis was synonymous with a certain level of advanced expertise.

Rob C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=203778\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
A thesis is about research and not only expertise, in out modern world it is not enough to just write your thesis on your own knowlege and give some books as research sources. They won't modern aspects, forum research discussions interviews etc.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 03:58:52 pm »

A thesis is about research and not only expertise, in out modern world it is not enough to just write your thesis on your own knowlege and give some books as research sources. They won't modern aspects, forum research discussions interviews etc.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204438\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So, if I understand correctly, "they" want exactly the same thing as before but want to get there by using different routes? Never will get it together with the modern world. Come to think of it, the old one didn´t see eye to eye with me very often either!

Good luck!

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up