Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which is the best deal?  (Read 2471 times)

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
    • http://jerryreed.net
Which is the best deal?
« on: June 20, 2008, 07:35:33 am »

I have been considering purchasing a second DB for some while now, mainly to use to make landscape images utilizing newer stitching software.  As background, I use a Sinarcam 2 and a SINAR 54 H to make images for the purpose of art reproduction.  I am very happy with SINAR, and especially my SINAR dealer's support.  I had been leaning toward the Hy6 based upon my favorable experience to date, price being the main unfavorable consideration.

Since for me the landscape work will not likely be an income source for me, I was looking for a good value, and thought that purchasing a Phase One P 25 (non-plus) model would be the way to go.  Until this morning when, I received an email from Hasselblad, where the offer proposed to sell the H3DII-31 for $17,995 (complete kit).

I have an opportunity to purchase the Hy6 kit a DEMO for $29,000.

I can buy the P 25 and a Horseman for about $20,000.

The new Phase One Camera with the P25+ DB, also looks like a nice value.

I believe that the Hasselblad back is not self-powered and would require external power to  connected to the Horseman.  So, not too convenient.

No doubt, I have failed to consider options that are not known to me and have failed to consider considerations that would make one or more of these choices a illogical choice.  So, I am asking if you might help me to weigh the various options available, with primary consideration being given to the fact that this would likely not be an income maker for me.

Jerry Reed
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 08:27:05 am by JerryReed »

Graham Mitchell

Which is the best deal?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 07:48:05 am »

Sorry but this thread was not clear to me. It seems you already have a digital back - the 54H. So what do you need from a new setup that your existing setup can't achieve?

Which back came with the Hy6 demo unit you were looking at?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 07:48:59 am by foto-z »

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
    • http://jerryreed.net
Which is the best deal?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 08:25:00 am »

Sorry but this thread was not clear to me. It seems you already have a digital back - the 54H. So what do you need from a new setup that your existing setup can't achieve?

Which back came with the Hy6 demo unit you were looking at?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=202552\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The 54 H requires tethered connection, and for that reason is not useful for field use, plus it is my money maker and I would not like to put it at risk.

The Hy6 is offered with the 75 LV back.

Jerry

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Which is the best deal?
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 08:58:50 am »

Dear Jerry,

the Hy6 exists also with the eMotion 54 LV (22 MPx). This complete Hy6 kit has a recommended price of Euro 17'600.-

Best regards,
Thierry

The Hy6 is offered with the 75 LV back.

Jerry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=202555\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up