Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stay away from Sandisk  (Read 18964 times)

peteh

• http://
Stay away from Sandisk
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 10:36:33 pm »

Sandisk Ultra and Extreme user here.  Never a need to call tech support.  I like them not only for reliability but because they are fast.  Maybe there are others that are as quick these days but I'll probably stick with them until they give cause not to.

I'm suspicious of anyone who claims company "X" has tech support such that one of the first few people you speak to has any ability, or inclination, to help you if your problem goes off the trouble shooting flow chart they are working from.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208234\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I read that Sandisk makes their own Cards.The article did NOT list Lexar as making their own.I have had great success with Sandisk.I have never even had to call their tech support.Lexar, I have and they dealt with the problem WAY too slowly.

elkhornsun

Stay away from Sandisk
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2008, 05:42:54 am »

As someone who has been using microdrives and CF cards for the past 6 years I have noted many periodic problems with defective Lexar cards and whole batches recalled. That has not occurred with SanDisk.  I have had two defective Lexar cards and 1 defective SanDisk card. The Lexar I no longer trusted so did not bother to replace them. With the SanDisk I phone customer service and got an RMA number in 2 days time and then mailed in the defective CF card and a week later received the replacement in the mail.

ALL companies use 3rd party outfits to handle rebates and I have not had a good experience with any I have tried to take advantage of in the past 5 years. Now I get instant rebates or just don't consider them in my purchase decisions.

I value my images too much to use discount brands of CF cards. Considering that the cards will outlive me it seems foolish to save $20 on a CF card in the overall scheme of things. I have been using the same 32GB in CF cards for the past two years without adding or replacing cards and I do not foresee getting more in the next two years.

I can't see getting worked up about a bad experience with a CF card vendor. It is trivial compared to how Canon has treated its customers with regard to problems with the 20D and the 1D Mark III cameras.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Stay away from Sandisk
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 10:56:27 am »

Best is to wait a while unless you are in urgent need of cards:

Sandisk Prices to Decrease
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

CJL

• http://www.imageswest.ca
Stay away from Sandisk
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 12:08:49 pm »

I've had problems with both Sandisk and Lexar CF cards (two brand new cards from each manufacturer).  Lexar was pretty good about replacing the defective cards, but Sandisk was a different story - after about three months of correspondence with them, they finally replaced my two defective Extreme III cards with the slowest generic cards they could find.

The only cards I have never had trouble with are Ridata (those, and the original $500, 1 GB IBM microdrive that I bought with my $8000 EOS 1D...)

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
Stay away from Sandisk
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 03:17:12 pm »

i have been shooting digital for about 15 years now....no problems ever with sandisk...cf or sd card....had some problems with lexar cards in the past....

vandevanterSH

Stay away from Sandisk
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2008, 04:15:58 pm »

Best is to wait a while unless you are in urgent need of cards:

Sandisk Prices to Decrease
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210602\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The current rebate is $100 for the purchase of 3 8GB IIIs...~$66/card.  The article suggests that prices will go even lower in the next few months.

Steve

semillerimages

• http://www.semillerimages.com
Stay away from Sandisk
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2008, 09:49:28 pm »

I bought a couple 4 gig extreme III's with a rebate through calumet, never got the rebate.
I bought a kingston 4 gig card through adorama, rebate made the card essentially free. got the money in a month.

I am not much for rebates myself, so in the future, I will buy the sandisk cards... I have bent horribly two of them, when I smashed my camera strap with a pouch in my car door... bent the two cards back, still work fine...

Rebates bad for sandisk, cards are good

*steve

The current rebate is $100 for the purchase of 3 8GB IIIs...~$66/card.  The article suggests that prices will go even lower in the next few months.

Steve
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=210671\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
semillerimages.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up