Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11880 cleaning?  (Read 3935 times)

Zachary

11880 cleaning?
« on: May 12, 2008, 05:56:46 pm »

I just got through cleaning the wiper of my 9800 and decided to do the same to my 11880, since I'd run lots of art paper through it.

Hmmm.... it looks like it might be a closed system. I can't see how to move the print heads aside to do a cleaning.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Farmer

11880 cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 01:30:30 am »

With the AID system that goes with the 11880, I wouldn't be attempting such a job if I were job - it's very easy to damage it if you don't deal with it properly.

Having said that, given the maximum possible age of the printer, if you feel the wiper needs cleaning then there may be something wrong.

Also bear in mind that wiper blades wear - not just get dirty - and you will need to have them replaced eventually.
Phil Brown

Zachary

11880 cleaning?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 10:32:15 am »

With the AID system that goes with the 11880, I wouldn't be attempting such a job if I were job - it's very easy to damage it if you don't deal with it properly.

Having said that, given the maximum possible age of the printer, if you feel the wiper needs cleaning then there may be something wrong.

Also bear in mind that wiper blades wear - not just get dirty - and you will need to have them replaced eventually.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195392\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The printer is working perfectly; it just seemed odd that a feature that was user-serviceable (such as cleaning the wiper) now requires a service call.

What I'm hoping is that now there is no need for users to ever clean the wiper.

By the way, I've had one service call already (it turned out to be an issue with the replacement ink cartridges, not the printer), and Epson really stepped up the the plate. They could not have been more diligent and  helpful and thorough. The tech they sent (from Epson, not Decision One) could not have been more knowledgeable.

Doombrain

11880 cleaning?
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 10:12:25 am »

there's 6 blades that self clean and the head's locked in place by the capping unit so i wouldn't try it.

edit: the capping system and blades are good for the life of the printer, so you won't need them replacing under normal running.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 10:14:17 am by Doombrain »
Pages: [1]   Go Up