Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eizo different from another  (Read 2799 times)

fabiofotomoto

Eizo different from another
« on: April 28, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »

Hi
probably i have a problem.
From 4 years i use an Eizo CG21 with great satisfactions on my Powermac. Last week i buy a CG210N and i connect to the same video board of the powermac. I calibrate both with eye one display 2 using color calibration 5.1 with these parameters: 6500K 80c/cm2 gamma 1,8 (native black point).
at the end of the proces the new CG210 appears more magenta and less yellow than the old CG21, i try to calibrate them more than one, but the result is the same.
How i can obtain the same color, and how is possible an hardware calibration give these differents?
What is the right monitor?
any ideas?
thank in advance
Fabio
video card is Nvidia FX 5200 , the cg 21 is connected via DVI while the cg210 via ADC with a Delking  converter ( i try to inverter the monitors on the 2 video port but the result was the same)
PS sorry for my bad english

ddk

• http://www.pbase.com/ddk
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 11:32:53 am »

Hi
probably i have a problem.
From 4 years i use an Eizo CG21 with great satisfactions on my Powermac. Last week i buy a CG210N and i connect to the same video board of the powermac. I calibrate both with eye one display 2 using color calibration 5.1 with these parameters: 6500K 80c/cm2 gamma 1,8 (native black point).
at the end of the proces the new CG210 appears more magenta and less yellow than the old CG21, i try to calibrate them more than one, but the result is the same.
How i can obtain the same color, and how is possible an hardware calibration give these differents?
What is the right monitor?
any ideas?
thank in advance
Fabio
video card is Nvidia FX 5200 , the cg 21 is connected via DVI while the cg210 via ADC with a Delking  converter ( i try to inverter the monitors on the 2 video port but the result was the same)
PS sorry for my bad english
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=192348\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I bought a CG241W last October and found it to be more than a little Magenta initially and went crazy trying to fix it, but now its fine. I think that mine took about 45 days to clear up. I guess it just needs a break-in period which is common in electronics. I know that this may sound ridiculous to some but I've been in high end audio business for many years and know it to be true.
david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk

pixel wrangler

• http://www.homepage.mac.com/fastpics
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »

Hi Fabio:

There are a few variables in play here. Two different monitors of varying ages and construction, and especially your connection arrangement.

Have you tried (if it is possible) to switch the monitors to the other connection and then see if the problem you observe goes to the other monitor? I wonder if you should upgrade to a different video card with two DVI outputs. At least then you'd have a greater chance of an identical signal being sent to both monitors. That Delkin adapter thing concerns me.

Also, any reason for the 1.8 gamma setting? That really is obsolete.

Hope this helps.

Ron
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:36:16 pm by pixel wrangler »

fabiofotomoto

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 04:40:07 pm »

Hi Fabio:

There are a few variables in play here. Two different monitors of varying ages and construction, and especially your connection arrangement.

Have you tried (if it is possible) to switch the monitors to the other connection and then see if the problem you observe goes to the other monitor? I wonder if you should upgrade to a different video card with two DVI outputs. At least then you'd have a greater chance of an identical signal being sent to both monitors. That Delkin adapter thing concerns me.

Also, any reason for the 1.8 gamma setting? That really is obsolete.

Hope this helps.

Ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=193319\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi
thanks for your answer
i tryed to switch the monitors but the cg210 appears more magenta anyway, i try too to connect the cg210 to my macbook and the result is the same. I think is not a problem of video card or of the Delkin adaptor but of the monitor itself. I'm not upgrating my video card because i'm wait to apgrade the full powermac g5 to a new macpro .... but until Sinar doasn't release a new software
with i can use my eyelike 22M precision under intel i'm  locked..
reason i use 1.8 gamma is because the guy sold me the Mac-software-digialback-eizo tell me to use it! ( and being not an expert in color menagement i continue to use that, but i can try with 2.2)
Anyway, after a call with an eizo expert seems the only way is to calibrate the cg210 and than correct it manually till arrive to the same colors of the other.
I hope to do this in the next days witha support of a guy expert in color menagment
i'll post the result
thanks again
Fabio
Pages: [1]   Go Up