Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cost of Camera Raw  (Read 29632 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Cost of Camera Raw
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 10:33:05 am »

Good on you!
I do not believe this is an isolated fubar but simply sloppy practice at best and 'something worse' at worst. Banks get away with far too much of this nickel and diming which I would imagine adds up into the millions+ of extra revenue. We, as the merchant, already pay them a very healthy percentage + fee for 'processing' your credit card - however the customer should not see any extra charge unless there is a currency conversion involved, and for US customers there is none. Smoking a pipe at both ends is an art at which banks have good practice but the odd spark reminds them that they shouldn't suck too hard...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:35:21 am by Chrissand »

DarkPenguin

Cost of Camera Raw
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 10:47:25 am »

Happy to report that the bank saw the error of their accounting.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=191850\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Which means they figured they were about to spend way more than $0.79 in customer service.

Sunesha

• http://sunesha.se
Cost of Camera Raw
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 02:24:44 pm »

I was charged the right price and no extra conversion fee on my visa. Also I kinda like Lumminous Landscape is using US dollars.

Nice that the bank saw there error. Only time I got charged extra is when use cashmachines when I am out off the country.
Daniel Sunebring, Malmoe, Sweden
Homepag

hbb

Cost of Camera Raw
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 04:03:54 pm »

Hi Chris,

sorry that I want to correct your statement. Visa and Mastercard are not the legal issuers of debit or credit cards (in contrast to AMEX, which is the legal issuer). If there is any add-on on top of the purchase amount, it comes from the issuing bank and must be stated in the terms and conditions of the bank.

Regards

Bernd  

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Cost of Camera Raw
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 09:50:32 pm »

Which means they figured they were about to spend way more than $0.79 in customer service.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=191862\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Exactly.

KeithR

Cost of Camera Raw
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 11:06:28 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=191862\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Couldn't agree more! I'm sure that they spent at least an hour of billable time somewhere to look into this. But then the other day I received a letter from the bank(postage, paper, envelop, someone to push the key for the form letter, etc) stating that the error "was found to be in my favor". I laughed so hard. I had to read it twice cause it sounded like one of those cards that you get in Monopoly. You know, the one that says that the bank has found in our favor, collect x amount of dollars.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Cost of Camera Raw
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2008, 11:12:42 pm »

That wasn't for you, it was for the legal and accounting departments.

Philmar

• Office drone by day - Photoenthusiast on weekends
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_marion/albums
Cost of Camera Raw
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 10:30:19 am »

Good on you!
I do not believe this is an isolated fubar but simply sloppy practice at best and 'something worse' at worst. Banks get away with far too much of this nickel and diming which I would imagine adds up into the millions+ of extra revenue.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=191859\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's theft over $1000 - yet nobody gets charged. Effin banks!

Bill in WV

Cost of Camera Raw
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 10:41:18 am »

Chris,

Don't mean to flog a downed horse, but this morning I found that I too had been charged $.80 as an Int'l Tran Fee. So, I contacted the bank secure in the knowledge that they had screwed up, either intentionally or out of ignorance. But the very sweet lady swore that according to her records the fee had been charged by and sent to Luminous Landscape and the number she gave me to call matched the one on the separate listing of the $39.95 charge for the Lightroom 2 Tutorial. Does 905-547-5066 mean anything to you?

I don't think you guys have the time to fret over such things, but there is something out of whack here. There are a lot of $.79 and $.80 charges here that the banks can let their computers chase and to each of us individually mean very little, but somebody in this chain of events is accumulating a lot of change. I'll stop by my bank for a face to face and see what I can learn.

Bill in WV
Bill Evans
 Currently shooting with Canon

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Cost of Camera Raw
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 12:06:07 pm »

Bill, I have asked the question of our CC clearing house (Internet Secure) many times if they _ever_ charge an extra fee to or customers- the answer is absolutely not.

_Any_ additional fee, other than that which is marked on our shopping cart and also your credit card receipt from Internet Secure is added by the card issuing institution.

The number they quoted is for Steven Sauve who used to look after out Customer Service until about 14 months ago. The only thing Steven still does is compose some music for us when the Video Journal comes out. I'll have to hunt down where that phone number is still in place on some records page.

Chris S
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up