Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You Yangs Collection - Dawn  (Read 6510 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
You Yangs Collection - Dawn
« on: April 03, 2008, 11:26:29 pm »

I would really appreciate some constructive comments and/or critisism of these three shots - which I beleive to be the best from the recent trip and shoot to the You Yangs.

Photographed at dawn at the You Yangs in Victoria Australia with a Canon 1DS MK III with a 16-35mm F2.8L - PP in Lightroom 2.0 Beta [minimal processing only - nothing more than basic corrections]

Thanks.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

marklankton

• Antarctica 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 10:30:17 am »

My first reaction is that the third shot is much more appealing than the first two simply because the nearest object is interesting. In the first two, the nearest objects are (to me) relatively uninteresting rocks. In the third, I find the nearest rock to be something worth looking at.

(Note: I usually just lurk on this forum but I have made the same criticism of so many of my own wide-angle landscape shots that I could not help sharing the pain.  

Mark

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 04:04:21 pm »

3 is the only one that's mildly interesting, but only if you crop some of it out on the left.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 04:15:35 pm »

I dunno.  The first one has some charm.  Need to crop it on both sides into a vertical.

The third is close.  I'd crop some out on the right, however.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 04:15:42 pm by DarkPenguin »

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

• http://www.billcaulfeild-browne.com
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 05:05:24 pm »

I would really appreciate some constructive comments and/or critisism of these three shots - which I beleive to be the best from the recent trip and shoot to the You Yangs.

Photographed at dawn at the You Yangs in Victoria Australia with a Canon 1DS MK III with a 16-35mm F2.8L - PP in Lightroom 2.0 Beta [minimal processing only - nothing more than basic corrections]

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186927\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I like them all, but #3 is really good. Great sky, nice composition.
Bill

tjhanlon

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 10:57:09 am »

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186927\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I like the lines in #3, but to me, these call out to be BW.

tjh
Pages: [1]   Go Up