Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Drum scanner 350i ICG Sold a long time ago  (Read 7042 times)

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
FS: Drum scanner 350i ICG Sold a long time ago
« on: April 01, 2008, 10:30:56 am »

It was sold to a lab /school in Moscow. A long voyage for a heavy piece but it was locked down and correctly packaged. After just a couple of start up hickups I was told it was running fine. The ICGs if running well usually run forever.

ICG 350i vertical drum scanner
Pro mounting station
PowerMac G4 AGP computer with the latest ScanXact 10.4 software and dongle.
Some accessories, extra bulbs, overlay sheets, etc.
Custom made wood shipping case

Asking 3000€

I am selling this great scanner as I only shoot digital even though the quality of scanned film on this scanner is as high as you can get. I haven't scanned film on it in two years or more so it would be best to find a new home where it will be appreciated.
I purchased the scanner serviced (refurbished) controlled and checked by ICG UK (not the same thing as ICG Ltd. The scanner has all the options except the extra diaphragm orifice to make 12000 ppi scans. It does however have the 8000 ppi option installed.

The software was updated by LCG Ltd. UK who still service and sell ICG scanners. They are also very helpful in every question and concern I had about this scanner.
The scanner is very good shape externally and internally, and the scanning computers Mac and PC internally function perfectly outside of the modem card in the PC doesn't allow the Mac in the software interface to watch the scanner functions in command line directly. Not a very important issue, and the scanning computer has a VGA output and keyboard to do anything that might be needed. I changed the PRAM battery last year.
The drum was skimmed when I bought it and this drum has seen less than 100 mounts since. I did recently open a new bottle of Kami and applied it to a 4x5" mount at the end of the scan zone where it very slightly crazed the drum there. Never ever use Kami on your drums! This is an area at the end of the scan zone so it's only 1/8th of the drum scan zone. Otherwise the drum is good shape no scratches.
The software is the most up to date ScanXact with the dongle of course, and printed documentation.
The Power Mac is a G4 AGP 400Mhz, 768Mb ram, 2 hard drives, Photoshop installed etc. The software is fairly easy to use, and quick to learn. I might be able to help with some details on set up if you need.
Mounting station , the essential part of drum scanning is the Pro model, which is very easy to mount film with. I did cut a new plexi for the lined mounting surface as it is worn, but never got around to finishing the piece.
The wooden palletable shipping case was custom built in England for the scanner. The scanner is bolted to the case and pallette. I don't know if the wood used is certified for shipping to the US though.

Shipping is going to be complicated if going through a transporter. I checked and the prices run from  400€ in Europe to more than 1000€ to North America. If it's not too far from Paris we can arrange something in a personal vehicle.

The first scanner in the vertical 300 series
   •   Shipped with ScanXact® 10.4 - extended RGB colour range and ICC link.
   •   8000 dpi optical resolution. Up to 1500 rpm drum speed.
   •   Precision triple photomultiplier drum scanner.
   •   Enlargement range: 20-4000% continuously variable.
   •   Density range: 0-4 D.
   •   Focus: Automatic (with defocus control), or manual.
   •   Image file format: TIFF (RGB, CYMK, Monochrome or Linework) DCS (CMYK only).
   •   A3+ External drum
Maximum scan area: 476 x 320mm (18.7 x 12.6 in): A3 Format.
The initial scanner in the series, rotating at 1500 rpm, offering A3 format originally at up to 4000 dpi resolution, 20 - 2000% enlargement, with RGB to CMYK conversion is carried out after scanning as a post-processing operation. It is upgraded by hardware/software changes to 8000 dpi optical quality resolution, 4000% enlargement, CMYK image processing “on-the-fly”, and “background” scanning.
For more information please contact ICG.
For the 350i brochure click on the link below.
http://homepage.mac.com/neil_snape/.Public...55_brochure.pdf

Specifications - 350i Drum Scanner Analysis

Lamp:                          Quartz-halogen

Media:                         Transparency, colour negative, reflection copy, monochrome, linework, screened film
separations (optional)

Enlargement
range:                          20-4,000% continuously variable

Resulution:                  up to 8,000 dpi

Density range:            0-4 D

Technology:                3 precision photomultipliers an non-fade dichroic filters

Apertures:                   8 transmission an 6 reflection
                                    Automatic selection with user override

Focus:                         Automatic or manual with user defocus

Image file format: RGB or CMYK TIFF or DCS

Available Drums(not all are included), interchangable, mounted vertically on the scanner

A3 + External drum

Maximum scan area:                            476 x 320 mm (18.7 x 9.1 in) - (long drum)

Software
ScanXact                    On host Power Macintosh
Monitor Match             Colour matching and calibration system
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 03:38:57 pm by neil snape »

afeija

Re: FS: Drum scanner 350i ICG
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 06:29:23 pm »

I know this is very late since you posted this over 3 years ago,
but you never know.

So, do you still have the ICG 350i for sale or did you manage to sell it?

I live in Sweden,

yours
Elias Björn

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Re: FS: Drum scanner 350i ICG
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 07:43:05 pm »

Probably better to PM or contact him via email.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Re: FS: Drum scanner 350i ICG Sold a long time ago
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 03:39:48 pm »

See the OP edit. It was sold to a loving new home. Sincerely hope it is still running fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up