Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A new 28mm lens of Sinar !  (Read 12613 times)

PdF

A new 28mm lens of Sinar !
« on: March 28, 2008, 10:44:14 am »

Sinar find the way to re-convert the m: a new top 28mm is available for this camera or for the P3. No information about the ranges of shifting (with the P3).

From the "Sinar News":

We are pleased to inform you that a new lens is available for the Sinar m: it is the Sinaron Digital HR 4.5/28 EF.

Its optical parts are identical with the other well proven and best renowned Sinaron Digital HR 4.5/28 lenses, which are also available in the Sinar p3 compatible versions CAB, CMV, and CPL. The powerful lens with an angle of view of more than 100° resolves at least 60 pairs of lines at the edge of the image circle and well over 100 in the center. The maximal image distortion is less than 0.5%, and a color aberration does practically not exist.

The lens with an aperture range of f4.5 to f32 needs no own shutter since the Sinar m has one with exposure times of up to 1/2000 second. The lens can manually be focused from 1.0 m to infinity, and is ideally suited for outdoor photography. A rangefinder with a rotating format mask is included with the lens.

Sinaron Digital HR 4.5/28 EF: Simply the best lens of its class.

PdF
PdF

BJNY

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 10:49:57 am »

I wonder if they'll make this lens to fit the Hy6?
Guillermo

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 10:51:35 am »

I'm wondering if I could mount it in a Rollei Shutter?   Looks really nice!

ynp

• http://
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 11:03:56 am »

Very good news for Sinar-M users. Now the M-System looks almost complete. Even less reasons for me to buy a view camera (P-3) for copying work.

Still no side battery grip with the flash interface promised about a year ago.

Yevgeny

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 11:20:33 am »

I've not been fast enough, in this case!

News are going through censorship in this part of the world, before I get the Sinar News.

More seriously, this is the well-known 28 mm HR lens which is already available for the p3 system, in CMV, CPL and CAB mounts.

In this case, for the Sinar m, it is mounted as a CAB (control of aperture and exposure time possible through software).

Best regards,
Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 11:22:24 am »

The first units of this side battery are going in production next week and should be available in April.

Thierry

Still no side battery grip with the flash interface promised about a year ago.

Yevgeny
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184970\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

ynp

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 11:35:41 am »

Dear Thirry,

Thank you very much for the information. I will contact the Russian dealer next week to order the lens and the side grip.

Kind regards,
Yevgeny

The first units of this side battery are going in production next week and should be available in April.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184977\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

BJNY

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 11:42:19 am »

Looks like Sinar and F&H are very active in the next few weeks delivering eXposure + rotating interface, and 90º finder + 50mm lens.
Guillermo

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 11:51:30 am »

good news , i did not expect this .....
as owner of the 28HR i know how good this lens is.  

any images of the sidegrip?
its unpractical for the M that the old battery is so huge.
if the camera becomes more "handy" with the sidegrip its great for it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 12:15:38 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

thsinar

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 01:04:42 pm »

- Revolving Adapter for Sinar Hy6: released

- Sinar eXposure SW: release next week, possibly Tuesday

- 50mm AFD lens: possibly released the second week of April

- 90° Finder for Sinar Hy6: release mid or end of April

best regards,
Thierry

Looks like Sinar and F&H are very active in the next few weeks delivering eXposure + rotating interface, and 90º finder + 50mm lens.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184984\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 01:32:03 pm »

Sinar find the way to re-convert the m: a new top 28mm is available for this camera or for the P3. No information about the ranges of shifting (with the P3).

From the "Sinar News":

We are pleased to inform you that a new lens is available for the Sinar m: it is the Sinaron Digital HR 4.5/28 EF.

Its optical parts are identical with the other well proven and best renowned Sinaron Digital HR 4.5/28 lenses, which are also available in the Sinar p3 compatible versions CAB, CMV, and CPL. The powerful lens with an angle of view of more than 100° resolves at least 60 pairs of lines at the edge of the image circle and well over 100 in the center. The maximal image distortion is less than 0.5%, and a color aberration does practically not exist.

The lens with an aperture range of f4.5 to f32 needs no own shutter since the Sinar m has one with exposure times of up to 1/2000 second. The lens can manually be focused from 1.0 m to infinity, and is ideally suited for outdoor photography. A rangefinder with a rotating format mask is included with the lens.

PdF
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184963\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

SO Does this lens fit the M and the P3 or do you need to buy two one for walkabout and on view camera fitting ?

I assume changing between a HY6 and M with ones digiback still means unscrewing the DBack adapter plate with associated risks and time impediment

I assume using the lens on the M offers no movements up or down

So still better to buy an ALPA than an M I woulod imagine for wide restricted HY6 users

Sinar IMO would have been better off investing thier effort ina makeing a mini alpa style camera with a HY6 mount rahter than producing the lens of thier scone system

And the cost..?

Focus confirmation ?

It does look cool for the multiback millionaire photographer though

S
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 01:33:24 pm by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 01:44:54 pm »

I'm still wondering about mounting it in a Rollei shutter so that I can use it on my P2 camera.

Christopher Arnoldi

• http://www.arnoldi-design.com
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 01:57:04 pm »

Really nice  

Thierry, can you organize a bigger picture of the lens/m, please?

Christopher

yaya

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 02:57:46 pm »

I'm still wondering about mounting it in a Rollei shutter so that I can use it on my P2 camera.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[a href=\"http://www.linos.com/pages/mediabase/original/A-Sir_dig_HR_28_Neuh_2006_e_5758.pdf]Rodenstock HR 28mm[/url]

Physically it can be mounted on any view camera, realistically I don't think you'll be able to get even focus across the frame on your P2 and you will need a fairly recessed lens board.

Yair

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 03:45:27 pm »

It is interesting that I "predicte" this in a post the other day, Sinar could easily adapt a "view camera" non retrofocus 28mm to be used alongside the Hy6 and problem solved.

Now if this is a system with different back mount then they have a problem.

There are a lot of new solutions for digital backs coming as if manufacturers realized that film will not be here for long -- if it is not already almost obsolete -- and are coming out with systems that are not hybrid of film and digital, but more committed to digital back. Cambo has at least two new models and Alpa.

The other factor is cost, and there will soon be companies like the Chinese Widepan doing a "chinese Alpa"...

But this is a good development for Sinar, now it would be nice to see some more larger images...

From the "Sinar News":

PdF
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184963\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[font=Comic Sa

ynp

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 02:44:37 pm »

Q:>>. A rangefinder with a rotating format mask is included with the lens.>>

Is this a rangefinder  or an optical viewfinder without parallax correction (as the one on an ALPA)?
Or it is the language barrier again and I am asking a silly question?
Yevgeny

rainer_v

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 07:40:29 pm »

Q:>>. A rangefinder with a rotating format mask is included with the lens.>>

Is this a rangefinder  or an optical viewfinder without parallax correction (as the one on an ALPA)?
Or it is the language barrier again and I am asking a silly question?
Yevgeny
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186187\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

the viewfinder is without parallax correction. but its big and bright, similar than the alpa finder.
i just mounted the 28Hr on my M and it is amazing how light the camera is now ( i hope the sidegrip will come soon ).
from the largest mf camera to the smallest .... thats really a big jump.
before i didnt liked to carry around the M for its weigth and size, but now everything becomes different as it seems.  
without the mirror module and the big battery the M is very small, together with the
best 28mm wideangle this camera system becomes great ....
fantastic landscape and "walk- around" camera now.  did not expected this move ...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 07:50:24 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

BJNY

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 07:49:14 pm »

Rainer, would you show us a snapshot of what you're talking about, please?
Billy
Guillermo

rainer_v

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 07:52:55 pm »

Rainer, would you show us a snapshot of what you're talking about, please?
Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=189558\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yes i will do. after sleeping ....
anyway i cant show much more than PDF did already at the top of the treat, because thats how the camera looks like.(  and i still didnt got the sidegrip ). do you want to see some detail?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 07:57:08 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

jmboss

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 10:19:56 pm »

Always nice to see new digital adaptations like this version of the Rodenstock lens for the Sinar M.

Though slightly off topic, it has always been something of a mystery to me how Cambo, and especially Alpa, got the "jump" on Sinar with the shifting "plate" type camera bodies when Sinar had their 4x5 Handy model so many years ago. They just never continued to update and mature the concept to accommodate today's ever shorter digital wide angle lenses.

"tis a puzzlement"

Joe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up