Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 1.4 Released  (Read 7469 times)

John Hollenberg

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1208
Logged

Josh-H

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2086
    • Wild Nature Photo Travel
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 01:05:19 am »

Quote
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/20...era_raw_44.html

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181320\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for posting :-)
Logged
Wild Nature Photo Travel

sniper

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 670
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 01:07:23 pm »

Be aware there seems to be a "bug" in 1.4, it resets the image time taken to 00.00.     Wayne
Logged

CatOne

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 458
    • http://blloyd.smugmug.com
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 01:12:14 pm »

Quote
Be aware there seems to be a "bug" in 1.4, it resets the image time taken to 00.00.     Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181724\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

On the Windows version.  I guess the fact that the vast majority of the LR dev team and QA folks are on Macs shows up sometimes  
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 02:47:06 pm »

Quote
Be aware there seems to be a "bug" in 1.4, it resets the image time taken to 00.00.     Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181724\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Didn't happen here but I'm using a Mac.
Logged
Francois

seamus finn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1243
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 02:58:07 pm »

It's Windows related, I think. Best thing to do is uninstall the new version and revert back to the previous until the bugs are fixed. If you haven't installed it, WAIT because there is definately a DNG problem.
Logged

seamus finn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1243
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 02:58:51 pm »

It's Windows related, I think. Best thing to do is uninstall the new version and revert back to the previous until the bugs are fixed. If you haven't installed it, WAIT because there is definately a DNG problem.
Logged

oldcsar

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 126
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 03:39:30 pm »

Initially, I thought that 1.4 had a serious bug regarding the corruption of metadata in DNG... but I deleted my catalog and reimported my DNG... no longer experienced any problems with unknown errors and inability to update metadata and previews. It's buggy, but I think that a clean installation as opposed to installing over 1.3.1 will reduce or eliminate problems.  

However, none of my capture times were reset for DNG... just checked myself. I'm running Windows Xp, LR1.4.
Logged
Brendan Wiebe
 [url=http://smg.photobucke

John S C

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 114
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 03:47:43 pm »

Just installed LR 1.4 before I saw the post. ARGGGGH. But no all seems well.

DNG conversion on about 50 canon RAW files OK dates OK Can't see anything amiss at the moment. ( Version 1.3 on standby though)

Didn't do a clean install, getting lazy I suppose , just let the installer do its job

Windows XP  Pro sp2

Looks fine at the at the moment. Is there a bug, or just a problem with a couple of machines??

John S C
Logged

oldcsar

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 126
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 03:59:10 pm »

It doesn't appear to me that there is a universal problem, Chappers. I didn't have a capture time reset problem at all... but I did run across the previously mentioned metadata update problem-- there are similar reports at the Adobe.com Lightroom forum.

If you're not experiencing any problems with metadata update, I wouldn't worry. When I first started up the new version, every DNG I worked on in the Develop module and updated became unworkable, and it would crash. Afterwards, startups would show the splash screen, and then an unexpected error would cause it to quit. I think it had something to do with the catalog, because deleting the cat and reimporting solved the problem.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 04:08:26 pm by oldcsar »
Logged
Brendan Wiebe
 [url=http://smg.photobucke

Richowens

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 977
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 04:25:53 pm »

No problems on either XP desktop or Vista laptop.

Just as smooth as before.  

Rich
Logged

Calder

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 24
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 02:25:17 am »

Quote
No problems on either XP desktop or Vista laptop.

Just as smooth as before.  

Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181759\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mine too!  Works fine on Vista/XP.
Could it be a Mac only problem?

Robbie
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 02:26:13 am by Calder »
Logged

seamus finn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1243
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 07:00:04 am »

Check this post by Ian Lyons on Adobe Lightroom User to User forum:


'DNG bug is Windows only.

'Lightroom altering proprietary file (i.e. NEF, CR2, etc) modification date when metadata is saved to file occurs on both platforms. This has now been confirmed as bug and an not intended behaviour.

'Export JPEG - EXIF time stamps are set to 00:00:00 bug occurs on both platforms.'


Other problems are being reported on the Adobe site too.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:59:00 am by seamus finn »
Logged

sniper

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 670
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 02:50:34 pm »

Yet again Adobe are letting the paying customers do their beta testing. These bugs should have been spotted easy in any "real world" testing for heavens sake!  Now I'm left with the hassle of sorting out an uninstall so I can make my living, and time is money.  Wayne
Logged

Fish_Shooter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • http://www.salmonography.com/
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 02:59:40 pm »

Quote
Yet again Adobe are letting the paying customers do their beta testing. These bugs should have been spotted easy in any "real world" testing for heavens sake!  Now I'm left with the hassle of sorting out an uninstall so I can make my living, and time is money.  Wayne
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181924\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I downloaded it but held off for the weekend to do installation. After reading about a few problems on various forums I did not, must have recalled the soothsayer saying 'Beware the Ides of March'.
Tom
Logged

seanmcfoto

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 176
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 03:33:03 pm »

Quote
'Beware the Ides of March'.
Tom
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=181928\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Very funny Tom.!.

If you don't have a DNG workflow and don't save XMP back to the file normally, most of the issues are moot.. if you then it's an issue. I suspect the cause of the DNG bug is simple. I mean they've  been writing DNG files for a long time, so I think they do actually know how!
Logged
Sean McCormack
[url=http://lightroom.sea

Per Ofverbeck

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 140
    • http://elgfoto.se
LR 1.4 Released
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 06:28:45 am »

Quote
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/20...era_raw_44.html

--John
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Seems an update of this thread isnĀ“t amiss today:  

[a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24004]http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=24004[/url]

Ho hum...
Logged
Per Ofverbeck
My
Pages: [1]   Go Up