Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Velvet Paper Alternatives  (Read 1198 times)

sabatia

Velvet Paper Alternatives
« on: March 02, 2008, 10:34:08 am »

Over the last year I have been experimenting with many types and brands of paper on my ipf5000 and r1800. Among the paper types to which buyers of my photos and digital photo collages, collegues and friends--and I--have the strongest positive reactions is velvet, primarily Somerset PE V and the Canon and Epson versions of the same, both of which appear to be the same. Very beautiful, bright, and sharp with many images, particularly winter scenes with lots of snow(I have a house in northern Newfoundland!), but also with a wide range of other images. People like the way Somerset PEV feels in the hand and looks framed under glass.

My question is: Has anybody tried the alternatives and what do you think about them if you have? I have found several alternatives from Media Street, ProJet(Adorama), Lumijet, Hawk Mtn., Inkpress, Hahnemuhle. I knock out the Lumijet and Media Street, as they don't seem to come in 17" rolls, and I've tried the Hahnemuhle and found it not quite as lovely as the Somerset and the same or more expensive.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up