Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Sand Dunes of Colorado  (Read 5494 times)

clearescape

• http://
Great Sand Dunes of Colorado
« on: February 29, 2008, 12:24:42 pm »

Hi all i am new to this forum and thought id bring one of my favs to be critiqued...please dont hold back...opinions are valued

Thanks-Eric

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 12:41:01 pm »

Hi all i am new to this forum and thought id bring one of my favs to be critiqued...please dont hold back...opinions are valued

Thanks-Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178253\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Beautiful scene; but contrast, color and lighting seem a bit over the top. Of course, maybe it really looked like that; just my two cents.

raptorsys

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 06:54:03 pm »

Nice composition but I agree it's a bit over the top.  The blue hue is a bit much.

Still, I like where you are going with this.

Brian

Colorado David

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 10:23:18 pm »

I have seen fast moving rain squalls approaching like that with strong sunlight in the foreground.  I'll bet that the photo is very close to just what he saw at the time he tripped the trigger.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 10:23:47 pm by Colorado David »

clearescape

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 01:27:59 pm »

The scene was pretty much as I saw it at the time I captured.  The long lens really intensified the sunshine, darkened the mountains and intensified the blue by 'cropping' the scene.

framah

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 05:42:47 pm »

This is one shot that made me go: "Wow!! Cool!!" When I clicked on the thumbnail.

I have seen skies like that in other places so I can easily go along with the intensity of the piece.  
Keep up the good work.

I'd like to see another shot with more of the dunes in it  The roiling brown color  works here. Sort of like chocolate on nugat. (3 Muskateers?)
Dam!! now I want a candy bar!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 05:44:30 pm by framah »
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

clearescape

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 01:50:48 pm »

This is one shot that made me go: "Wow!! Cool!!" When I clicked on the thumbnail.

I have seen skies like that in other places so I can easily go along with the intensity of the piece. 
Keep up the good work.

I'd like to see another shot with more of the dunes in it  The roiling brown color  works here. Sort of like chocolate on nugat. (3 Muskateers?)
Dam!! now I want a candy bar!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=179408\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks a lot!  I will have to go back thru my shots and see if I have one with some more chocolaty goodness in it...damn know I want a 3 muskateers bar!

framah

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 03:34:16 pm »

Gotcha!!
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."
Pages: [1]   Go Up