Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roll Paper Feed On iPF6100  (Read 3051 times)

Radtech1

Roll Paper Feed On iPF6100
« on: February 27, 2008, 12:50:19 pm »

I have the iPF6100. I have found the "Manual Feed" function for advancing the rolled paper (Hold the down arrow and the paper advances through, the up arrow and the paper advances back).

The only problem is that I cannot find any sort of display indicating the distance the paper has advanced. I am running the 1.01 version of the firmware - is this fixed in later versions? Is there a display that I haven’t found?

Rad
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:51:33 pm by Radtech1 »

John Hollenberg

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 05:33:33 pm »

I have the iPF6100. I have found the "Manual Feed" function for advancing the rolled paper (Hold the down arrow and the paper advances through, the up arrow and the paper advances back).

The only problem is that I cannot find any sort of display indicating the distance the paper has advanced. I am running the 1.01 version of the firmware - is this fixed in later versions? Is there a display that I haven’t found?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not sure about the answer to your question, but why not update to latest firmware first?  I am running 1.32 on iPF6100, but not at home to check for the answer to your question.  You may also want to ask on the Canon iPF Wiki:

[a href=\"http://canonipf.wikispaces.com]http://canonipf.wikispaces.com[/url]

--John

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 08:12:52 pm »

Rad
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177744\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't believe I've ever seen an indication of how far it has moved.  It's seems to be a visual thing ... advance how far you think you need to.

Radtech1

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 09:48:43 pm »

Not sure about the answer to your question, but why not update to latest firmware first?  I am running 1.32 on iPF6100, but not at home to check for the answer to your question.  You may also want to ask on the Canon iPF Wiki:

http://canonipf.wikispaces.com

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177812\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I do not have a direct Internet connection to that printer (printer/computer/internet). Is it possible to do that upgrade by downloading the update to this computer, burn it to a CD, and upload it to that computer from the CF Card, then upgrade from there?

Rad

Radtech1

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 09:52:07 pm »

I don't believe I've ever seen an indication of how far it has moved.  It's seems to be a visual thing ... advance how far you think you need to.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177848\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Say I want a 36" sheet. I am very shaky on "how far I think" that might be.

Rad

John Hollenberg

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 11:08:24 pm »

I do not have a direct Internet connection to that printer (printer/computer/internet). Is it possible to do that upgrade by downloading the update to this computer, burn it to a CD, and upload it to that computer from the CF Card, then upgrade from there?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178140\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Of course.  All you need is a way to transfer the downloaded file to the computer connected to the printer, then you can extract and install from there.  Most convenient way to do that is probably with a cheap 1 GB USB flash drive, or you can use a CF card if you have a card reader attached to both computers.

--John

nickdavis

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 09:33:46 am »

Say I want a 36" sheet. I am very shaky on "how far I think" that might be.

Rad
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178141\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Set your page size in the driver before printing, and there is no need to manually measure. It will cut it at 36".

Radtech1

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 10:23:10 am »

Set your page size in the driver before printing, and there is no need to manually measure. It will cut it at 36".
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178212\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Awesome, now we are getting somewhere. Now, can that be done WITHOUT actually printing something, just advance and cut?

Rad

DRoss

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 11:25:00 pm »

Awesome, now we are getting somewhere. Now, can that be done WITHOUT actually printing something, just advance and cut?

Rad
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=178218\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why not create a blank or all white photo and print to a custom size 24x36. Printer should spit out a blank sheet 36in long
Pages: [1]   Go Up