Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual screen profile problem  (Read 1915 times)

Douglas Benton

Dual screen profile problem
« on: February 20, 2008, 03:33:58 pm »

I'm running a macbook pro 2.4 intel with a NEC 2690 in the extended screen mode. Both calibrated.
The NEC is using the correct profile when I have a tiff open on it, however when I open a third party plug in, the preview seems to be picking the laptop profile. What am I doing wrong?
Doug

Douglas Benton

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:27:32 am »

Do you ever get the feeling that you've just asked a stupid question, but everyone in the room is too polite to point it out?

I've also noticed that it's using the laptop profile when I have an image in the e-mail program open on the nec, so it's not just photoshop.
Doug

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 11:45:12 am »

Since Macs "just work" I presume it will sort itself out without any user intervention.

(Sorry.)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 02:12:16 pm »

I'm running a macbook pro 2.4 intel with a NEC 2690 in the extended screen mode. Both calibrated.
The NEC is using the correct profile when I have a tiff open on it, however when I open a third party plug in, the preview seems to be picking the laptop profile. What am I doing wrong?
Doug
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176241\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just curious how you are observing the change and can tell the screen is switching profiles?

Douglas Benton

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:35:42 pm »

Wayne,
  It's not the whole screen, just the preview window. I first noticed it in Capture One. The image in the main window was the right color but in the little close up window the reds were way over-saturated . It occurred to me that it was picking up the laptop profile when I drug a window from the laptop screen over to the NEC and when I let go of the mouse the color didn't change. It does change when I move a tiff. It's mostly in preview windows like alien skin or e-mail.
Doug
Pages: [1]   Go Up