Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paper Damaged- Need Supplier Advise  (Read 2219 times)

nmccalip

Paper Damaged- Need Supplier Advise
« on: February 18, 2008, 12:39:00 pm »

I picked up a box at my local supplier this weekend of a 17 x 25 size of Harmon GLOSS Fb Al.  They had 3 boxes to choose from.  All three had corners that were slightly bumped.  Got the box that looked the least damaged compared to the others.  Unfortunately the damage reached the paper underneath.

For those who have ever ordered conservation supplies from Light Impressions know that they are fanatical about shipping protection.  Is there a mail order inkjet paper supplier that has similar shipping standards?

Any advise greatly appreciated

I previously ordered paper through calumet but 50% of the paper I received had to be shipped back.  I switched to local so I could inspect first.  But if everything they have is bad...  I need a supplier more conscientious.

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 01:37:58 pm »

I always get undamages paper from the suppliers below. Never a problem.

atlex.com

itsupplies.com

inkjetart.com

and although I have not used them, the following company is highly regarded:

shadesofpaper.com

Hope this helps,

Jim
www.jimcolephoto.com
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 01:39:17 pm »

I've had great experiences with the companies Jim listed.  

The rub comes when the order is drop shipped from some warehouse rather than the company you ordered from.  I've had some rolls of HP paper that looked like they were in a soccer match before UPS dropped them off.  

Call the company you're ordering from and find out if they're going to be shipping from their stock or its drop shipped from someone else.
Regards,
Ron

POAH

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 07:44:47 am »

Harman sent me A3 boxes to try directly.  they packaged the box very well and had no damage.  the A4 sample packs I bought were undamaged also and they were from the local shop.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:46:45 am by POAH »
Free printer profiles, PM me for info

ternst

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 10:16:18 am »

I recently bought a selection of all the fancy new papers from Shades Of Paper to use during a printing workshop I was teaching - the most expensive of the bunch (the Epson Ex. Fiber), was damaged at the factory before packing - the paper box and packaging box were both fine (packed very well), but all the paper had a serious crease running the entire length of the sheets. Shades Of Paper had no issues replacing the paper with whatever I wanted to do (I ended up getting different paper - can't believe that Epson's quality control on such expensive paper was so bad - I won't buy any more of it). I would have to rate Shades as the best customer service in the business if that means anything to you...

Tim Ernst in Arkansas
http://www.BuffaloRiverGallery.com

AaronPhotog

• Dygart Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 12:25:33 pm »

The Harman Gloss Al paper is also carried by Red River Paper.  Their prices, packing, and customer service are superb.  Their shipments to me in Hawaii have always been well protected in oversized boxes with large bubble type padding all around.  They also follow up on the order, every time, and ask for comments on their service.  

Aloha,
Aaron
Aaron Dygart,
Honolulu
Pages: [1]   Go Up