Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 HP Service Stinks  (Read 5092 times)

Harris

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« on: February 13, 2008, 09:06:44 pm »

Today I had difficulty with my Z3100 - could not get it to calibrate.  The person at service initially did not understand what my problem was.  After he finally understood he had me doing a number of things to try and fix the problem.  I told him I was not in good health and was unable to preform some of what he requested and asked if they would send someone out under the warranty for next day service.  He told me that he could not do that until I did all the things he wanted me to do - it was required under the warranty.  He refused to send someone out until I completed what was required and after speaking to a supervisor asked for my address in the event I collapsed while I was following his directions so they could call 911.

My suggestion that for anyone contemplating purchasing a HP Z3100 they be in good health if they ever expect to get next day service.

Harris

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 10:37:13 pm »

While I agree with your opinion of thier service, and the blatest falsehood of the 'next day' service (I am now on day 3 and counting for my new 3100 problems) - what in the world would they have you do that would possibly effect your health in such a manner??  The only things they have made me do is waste a couple hours on the phone, read the serial off the printer, push some buttons to read ink reports, and email pictures.  Surely they aren't requesting you bench press the printer are they?  LOL

I'm all for bitching when warranted - but I'm also factual and don't exagurate.

Harris

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 07:59:58 am »

"I'm all for bitching when warranted - but I'm also factual and don't exagurate."

Are you 74 years old with a tremor in your hands and a history of epilepsy along with other medical problems?  And a wife that has had breast cancer three times and is now recovering from a fractured knee and requires my assistance.  I cannot hang around all day in my studio and do their beck and call.  This is why I paid for next day service.    

Would you remove every print head and attempt to clean by making a "tent" over it with a damp paper towel when your hands were not steady.  

Before you make accusations, determine what all the facts are.

The service I did not get from HP stinks.  

BTW, look at http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/abouthp/accessibility/seniorpc.html
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:14:58 am by Harris »

kaelaria

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 08:43:19 am »

The point is - what they asked you to do was not out of the operational realm of simply using the product.  I didn't accuse you of anything so cool your jets.  

So they asked you to clean the print heads and arrainge paper towels.  You told them you can't because of hand tremors.  And they said they will call 911 if you need it while trying?  That makes no sense.  You said you can't 'hang around all day in the studio' - do you use the printer?

Are you leaving anything out?

Harris

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 11:18:03 am »

"Are you leaving anything out?"

You are right - it makes no sense - no I did not leave anything out.  I did not tell them I could not do it because of the tremors - Reread what I said - I told them I could not do it because of ill health.  And when I told them I was afraid if I continued I might collapse - that is when they said if I collapsed they would call 911.  

What am I supposed to do - send them my medical history to insure getting what I paid for.  They did not require a medical exam before they took my money.

No, I did not use the printer because it does not work.  And they never called me back or made any attempt to contact me.

And you did accuse me of something - by indirection of exaggerating.  Perhaps I am from the old school and was taught to expect what I paid for along with respectful treatment.  Maybe that no longer exists in todays world.  

Unfortunately I have no jets to cool - just fustration and anger and unfortunately left without a printer that operates and not getting what I paid for.

Harris

kaelaria

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 11:25:15 am »

Like I said I'm not making ANY excuses for the lack of support, which is proven to be bad.

But come on - re-read what you typed - it just doesn't make sense yet.

If you are unable to clean a print head, then you are unable to change an ink cartridge, so you are unable to use the printer even if it worked fine.  So why do you have it?  The promise of next day support aside - them asking you to do such basic things as clean the heads is not unreasonable under any circumstances.  Why would they be expected to waste a lot of money sending techs if a problem can be easily solved using normal use procedures by the user?  

It is your responsibility to be able to do routine procedures for use and care.  By being fair I mean just that.  I just don't see how they are in the wrong - yet.  I'm sorry you are in a bad way, but it's not HPs fault.  I don't see this as any different than blaming them if you can't change a roll of paper on your own.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:26:16 am by kaelaria »

William Morse

• http://https://MorseEditions.com
Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 07:34:25 pm »

Somebody has to get real here, and it's not the OP!

I have to say I cringed when you made your original comments, thinking, god, I hope he's not really sick. Since then you've just made it worse and worse. Did  you grow up treating your parents and grandparents this way?

Lose the attitude, please.

Bill

Quote from: kaelaria,Feb 14 2008, 12:25 PM
Wm. Morse Editions
A Fine-Art Digital Pr

kaelaria

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 07:40:36 pm »

My parents and grandparents do not make such silly demands and complaints - so no, I would never have to 'treat them like this' as you say.

The fact remains - if the complaint is that he is unable to clean a print head, then he can't use the product.  So I either suspect something important has been left out, or this complaint really is just unreasonable.

It's a public forum - he chose to bitch about it in public, I'm choosing to say it's a silly post.  Get over it.

William Morse

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 07:49:43 pm »

Look, I'm just asking you to show some consideration and respect. I thing you might even find your arguments are better received if you do.

Sheesh!

Hoping you never get sick and ask for help.
Wm. Morse Editions
A Fine-Art Digital Pr

kaelaria

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 07:59:33 pm »

I've been sick.  Been in the hospital, had surgury, been unable to move, whole nine yards.  That's really quite irrelavent to this discussion or the complaint if you think about it.

He's not asking for help, he's just complaining.  

I have not posted anything disrespectful, mearly questions looking for more information to make the post make sense and my opinion that something is missing or the complaint is not valid based on the information given.

Here's the bottom line - the user is respnsible according to the warranty contract to try normal maintanence and diagnostic services before a tech is issued, period.  If he had of bought the extra care packages he would rightfully expect a different level of support.  He didn't, so he shouldn't.  Really pretty simple.

It's not HP's fault that he is unable to perform certain tasks, and he did not purchase a more appropriate care package that it sounds like he could benefit from.

Harris

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 07:11:31 am »

Bill,

It seems to me that Kaelaria likes to hear himself talk and I am really sorry not only for him but for the fact that I even replied to his initial post.  Not sure where he is coming from but seeing what he has to say makes me feel more fortunate than ever knowing that that my children (who are adults in their 40's)  would never behave like Kalarina.

Thanks for your support.  This is the last comment I will make on this thread so if he wants to continue to rant and rave I do not plan on giving him more fuel for the fire.

BTW, I contacted the CEO of HP about what had occurred and not only received an apology, but also assurances yesterday from someone at service that a service rep will be at my studio today.  

It is nice to know that we can always look forward to a brighter day tomorrow.

Harris  

William Morse

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 11:19:13 am »

Hi Harris-

You know, the ironic thing is that I agreed with much of what he had to say. That is, it's not unreasonable for them to ask you to perform certain checks on the equipment before they send someone out. They then send parts based on what they expect to find.

That said, HP's treatment of you was frankly shocking, and in general, their support is too often disorganized, uninformed, and just plain late.

I encourage everyone who is experiencing this kind of support from HP to quickly elevate their demands- ask to speak to the supervisor, and if that is not sufficient, to the next supervisor. I have found that both the field techs and the upper supervisors to be very good- most often, the mid-level tech managers and initial phone support are the problem (IMO)

Bill
Wm. Morse Editions
A Fine-Art Digital Pr

rdonson

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 04:39:52 pm »

from a another thread here on LL
===========================
December 6, 2007 at 10:17 am

To those of you who have outlined support issues on your Z series printer: my name is Ben Wolf and I am the product manager for the Z2100 and Z3100 series in the US. Let me personally apologize to anyone who has received a poor support experience from HP. I encourage anyone who has received an unsatisfactory result or had frustration with our support process to please contact me directly at ben.wolf@hp.com and I will ensure your problems are addressed.

I take customer satisfaction on our products very seriously. This is not corporate lip service: every customer is important to me, and if you are not satisfied, I will personally get involved to resolve whatever issues you may be having.

Regards,

Ben Wolf
Creative Segment Mgr
==========================
Regards,
Ron

Harris

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 09:22:38 pm »

While I had said I would not make any further comment on this thread, I feel compelled make one at this time.

HP came through for me.  This morning a service tech arrived and did what was necessary to get my printer operating.  Once the printer was operating we observed lines running through the center of the entire print.  He told me he would check on roller replacement and call me as soon as he had further word.  He was skilled and very pleasant.  

It seems as if my initial experience was with one bad apple that happened to be in the barrel who was following a script that he could not deviate from.  

Harris  

deanwork

Z3100 HP Service Stinks
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 10:54:06 pm »

Exactly,....... you guys better quite crying Wolf ( no pun inteneded) every 5 minutes on this forum because when you do REALLY need help they just might legitamately ingore you completely, and all the rest of us who might need it as well.

Look anyone purchasing a machine like this is expected to be a professional imaging individual, not a hobbyist, in whatever health, and that certainly isn't HPs cross to bear of  you aren't. If you can't follow simple tests before a tech comes out  to give them valueable information they need, then that is a sure sign that you are not  physically up to using a complex device like this in the first place.  Epson and Canor are no different and if I were a servie tech I'd do the same exact thing. Do you have ANY idea how many nuckleheads out there can't even do a head cleaning or alignment correctly? For God's sake quit your  whining or save it for when it is really needed, like for replacement rollers and star wheel marks.

john

My parents and grandparents do not make such silly demands and complaints - so no, I would never have to 'treat them like this' as you say.

The fact remains - if the complaint is that he is unable to clean a print head, then he can't use the product.  So I either suspect something important has been left out, or this complaint really is just unreasonable.

It's a public forum - he chose to bitch about it in public, I'm choosing to say it's a silly post.  Get over it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174946\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up