Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LLVJ and iPod iPhone  (Read 4319 times)

rardinger

• http://www.ardingerphoto.com/
LLVJ and iPod iPhone
« on: February 09, 2008, 01:38:31 pm »

For the Camera to Print tutorial I downloaded the standard files but later decided to use my iPhone to view them. The standard files are not in the correct format (per my iTunes) and while iTunes will convert them it does so in near real time (read - slow).  

Not a problem as the store "key" for the iPod versions was provided and those files work fine.  I found this was the same for LLVJ 15 / 16.  I would like to view LLVJ 17 on the iPhone but am unclear if the standard files (non HD) are a bit different than the LLVJ 15/16 standard files and will work directly on an iPod/iPhone OR will I have to convert them OR will the same magic store "key" show up to allow download of as of yet to be posted converted iPod/iPhone files.

Or if I download the HD files will they work directly on the iPhone (might be a bit large though).

Thanks

Robert
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 04:18:58 pm by rardinger »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ and iPod iPhone
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 08:56:08 am »

This is addressed on the FAQ here.

Starting with whichever version that you have and using a media converter like QuickTime Player Pro ($) or MPEG StreamClip (free), simply open the file and then export to the format that you want.

We are no longer providing an iPod version since it is now relatively easy to make and the various sizes and formats keep expanding.

The 'Best Way' is always to start with the highest resolution (HD) and then down-rez/cross-rez to the appropriate format required.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ and iPod iPhone
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 06:27:13 pm »

Yes, like most things in video - it does take time
Pages: [1]   Go Up