Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elephants and Interviews  (Read 3807 times)

Rusty

• http://www.woodsgift.ca/
Elephants and Interviews
« on: February 07, 2008, 04:41:58 pm »

Well done again Chris and Michael. Michael's interview skills are improving, I enjoyed the 1st half of the Jay Maisel Interview last night. The elephant images, moving and still are amazing, no need to qualify the work at all.

sposch

Elephants and Interviews
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 11:48:42 am »

I'm looking forward to getting this DVD. There should be some usefull content. Ray Maxwell is a very knowledgable Color Management guy. I have seen a couple his presenatations at Vancouver's Pacific Digital Photo club and chatted with him at a local camera store. He knows his stuff and is able to communicate on a level which is most understandable to non scientific types (even if he does speak American).
Too bad the DVD medium is on the way out and lacking content  . guess I'll have to pony up for a real high speed connection. LLVJ is about the only reason I purchased a DVD player as I only rent 1 or 2 movies a year.

Steve.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 11:55:19 am by sposch »

alfin

Elephants and Interviews
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 12:46:09 pm »

The Ray Maxwell interview will unfortunately not give you much if you know the basics about color spaces and color management in general. However, it is nice to listen to.

The elephant part is interesting, but Jay Maisel and his unique old banking house and all the stuff he collects is really interesting!

The new downloadable HD videos are also really good with great quality and well worth the extra cost!
Lars Mollerstrom
Pages: [1]   Go Up