Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Phase One H25 Digital Back  (Read 10259 times)

BrianWoolf

FS: Phase One H25 Digital Back
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:51:45 am »

For Sale-
1 Phase One H25 (22 megapixel) Digital Back, used of course, with the Hasselblad 'V' mount (cameras supported are 503cw, 501cm, 555ELD, 553ELX and the phase sliding flexadaptor with 'v' mount). Comes with the pelican style case, cleaning solutions kit, 15' firewire cable, short sync cable, 1 viewfinder mask, Phase software - Capture One DB and the software key to unlock it.

Back is in excellent condition, the image count is under 27,000 and the pelican case is a bit beat up with no key. It was purchased used about 7 months ago, when the Betterlight 6Kii was sold. We are moving and downsizing, so I am keeping the Leaf 17wi with LiveView.

Asking $7500

Brian Woolf - Myong Graphic

middlegray

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 02:57:03 pm »

For Sale-
1 Phase One H25 (22 megapixel) Digital Back, used of course, with the Hasselblad 'V' mount (cameras supported are 503cw, 501cm, 555ELD, 553ELX and the phase sliding flexadaptor with 'v' mount). Comes with the pelican style case, cleaning solutions kit, 15' firewire cable, short sync cable, 1 viewfinder mask, Phase software - Capture One DB and the software key to unlock it.

Back is in excellent condition, the image count is under 27,000 and the pelican case is a bit beat up with no key. It was purchased used about 7 months ago, when the Betterlight 6Kii was sold. We are moving and downsizing, so I am keeping the Leaf 17wi with LiveView.

Asking $7500

Brian Woolf - Myong Graphic
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173022\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

BruceD7575

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 12:11:39 pm »

Hi Brian,
I'm interested in the H25. Might you be will to part with it for $6K? Capture Integration has a demo model listed at $6990, but I'm trying to do this on a pretty tight budget. I'm an architectural shooter and am trying to make the rather daunting move from DSLR to MF. Thanks for considering!
Bruce
bruce@brucedamonte.com

stacibeth

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 03:56:33 pm »

Very interested, is the h mount for auto focus? Will this work on the cambo wide ds? or will i have to get a different mount?

BrianWoolf

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 05:11:35 pm »

Very interested, is the h mount for auto focus? Will this work on the cambo wide ds? or will i have to get a different mount?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174328\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Stacibeth,
This is the Hasselblad 'V' mount for the older Hasselblad 501CM and 503cw. (The 'H' mount is for the newer Hasselblad H3D, H2D - the back I am selling is NOT for the 'H' mount.) Yes the Cambo Wide DS has a 'V' mount option available, but if you already own a Cambo wide DS with an 'H' mount, you must check with Calumet to make sure that they will sell you a 'V' mount plate and it will fit.

If I understand you correctly, the 'H' mount is for the H3D which I would guess might have auto-focus, but there is no auto focus feature like that on the Cambo Wide DS, no matter which mount or back you have on it, as I understand it.

Thank you for your interest,
Brian Woolf

BrianWoolf

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 05:35:45 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174328\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Stacibeth'
This is a tethered back - it must be attached to a computer to shoot photos. Sorry I keep forgetting to include this info.

Brian Woolf

BrianWoolf

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 04:55:07 pm »

PRICE REDUCTION

Phase One H25 Digital Back is now $6500, which includes shipping and insurance.

This is a 22 megapixel back that has a Hasselblad 'V' mount.
This back must be tethered to a computer to produce photos, it will not work on it's own.
No computer - no photos.
This unit is perfect for the studio and can be used on location with a laptop.

Thank you,
Brian Woolf

WBusch

• http://www.buschstudios.com
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 09:22:48 am »

Hi Brian,
   Do you have the white plexe filter for cast correction?
   What sync cables do you have ? I would be attaching the h-25 up to a cambo  wide ds not sure what cables would be necessary ? Could you send me any photos you have of the back. I would like to see a close photo of the IR filter along with any others you have.                            
                                                                         Thanks Bill
Bill Busch      ! If It Is To Be   It Is Up To Me !

BrianWoolf

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 01:01:56 pm »

Bill,
I think I sent you an email thru LL Forums, but I will answer your questions here for everyones benefit.
I can send jpgs on tues when I am back at work. This back never came with a white plexi correction filter but I did buy it used from a reputable Phase only dealer and they made no mention of this. As for sync cables - it comes with a sync cable that allows one-shot operation with Hasselblads 'V' mounts only. To use it on a 4x5 or Cambo Wide DS, you would need a different sync/cable combo. The Kapture Group makes one for $395 that turns any other camera set up into a one-shot deal. Phase must offer something but I have no idea what it is. ParamountCords probably can make something. I am using a cable that came with the Lightphase Sliding Adaptor. It is a sync cable that goes from the lens/shutter to the back and has a button on the part that plugs into the back. You must press this button (to activate the back) right before you fire the shutter, you only have seconds.
Workflow with an H25 back on a Cambo Wide DS on location.
You have your Wide DS on a tripod and pointed at your subject, the back is on the camera and focused. You much attach a firewire cable from your laptop computer to the back, this is the only way to power up this type of back (it has no battery or cards). You the must attach some kind of sync cable from the shutter to the back. If i was using the cable/sync from the sliding adaptor, I would press the button to activate the back, wait  a second or two, to minimize camera movement and fire the shutter(also any strobes hooked up to the back would fire at this time). The software Capture One DB on the laptop, would let me know that a photo was being processed and shortly I would have an image in my capture folder. I could make any corrections, check focus, check WB, check strobes, check lighting, whatever and do following images. The computer is powering the back, if the computer is not plugged into an electrical outlet, both the back and computer will be running off the computer's battery. If you have easy access to electricity you can work all day and all night with no problems. If you are across the street or out in a field with no electricity, you are running off the computers batteries and may have only one hour of battery power. To turn off the back, simply pull out the firewire cable. You can do this many times and the software behaves, no reloading, no restarting (on a Mac).
All in all it would be easier to do architecture with any type of 'P' back and lose the computer. I have no firsthand knowledge of exact how a 'P' back operates. I can't even guess what cables it needs on a Cambo Wide DS, probably the same as the H25 backs.
I hope this is clear.
Any questions - email me at b.woolf@verizon.net

Brian Woolf
Pages: [1]   Go Up