Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mike Johnson- editing  (Read 4886 times)

Dan Sroka

• http://www.danielsroka.com
Mike Johnson- editing
« on: October 14, 2002, 02:50:33 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Yes, thanks Mike for giving us all a kick in the pants. You motivated me to take my "non-productive" Monday morning and use it to clean out my "to be edited" folder. Good riddance to dead wood![/font]

b.e.wilson

• http://science.uvsc.edu/wilson
Mike Johnson- editing
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 11:31:33 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']The thing I'm trying to concentrate on is to get some emotion into my landscape shots. I seem to have gone for the documentary style, and I'm trying to move up a bit, but find that for a chemist and lab junkie like me it isn't an easy transition. Perhaps a few hints about making our shots 'say' something, rather than record something?[/font]

Tim

Mike Johnson- editing
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2002, 11:04:57 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']WOW! you really hit home for me. Your Oct 6th article is by far the best I've ever read on the subject- concise. Really made me think. I'm going to print it and reread before every editing session- at least till it sinks in!

Thanks,
Tim

:)  :)  :)[/font]

Mike Johnston

Mike Johnson- editing
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2002, 08:21:33 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Thanks gents. Glad you enjoyed it. I can't think where that one came from--I was all set to write on a different topic and then for some reason just woke up one morning wanting to write about editing.

Anyone have anything they'd particularly like to see covered in the weekly column?

--Mike[/font]

Gannet

Mike Johnson- editing
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2002, 12:14:28 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I'll "me too!" this.  Excellent column.  I'm tryin', really! :)[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up