Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 APS Options and Settings  (Read 1127 times)

mango

Z3100 APS Options and Settings
« on: January 28, 2008, 01:02:01 pm »

I have been reading all your amazing advice on here for about a year. As a complete newbie to professional printing I have a small print shop on a tiny, but artsy, Greek Island. Apart from an A3 colour laser, my Z3100 44” is my sole printer, producing everything from cad drawings to exterior vinyl signs, to posters, to high quality photos to fine art reproduction. You guys have saved my life on so many occasions!

I have read and learned so much about colour calibration, and I am getting pretty close to printing what I see, but my prints still seem to be a little dark and a little yellow. Is I am now on latest firmware and drivers, with papers calibrated on the TC9.18 pattern. I am guessing that it is my monitor calibration that is letting me down.
The basic question is, in APS, should I use:
- white point, gamma and luminance , or
- brightness, contrast and rgb
To squeeze the best out of my Dell 1908FP LCD monitor, and what setting should I use?

Also I am struggling to get the ambient light right, it’s too warm.
I can get up to 4700K with one of my daylight spotlights on, but get 300lux ( I am using this at the moment) If I just use the halogen spots, I get the lux right but the temp is around 2700K!
I have an all white office, so thought I might just get a blue halogen bulb and shine it on the ceiling at the far end of the room. Has anyone tried this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up