Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Head strikes on Ilford Galerie Gold Silk  (Read 1589 times)

woffles

Head strikes on Ilford Galerie Gold Silk
« on: January 19, 2008, 10:45:22 am »

Tried two separate prints.  Both got strikes at the same place on the end of the print about an inch and a half before the print was finished.  Printing 12x18 on a 13x19 sheet.  Printer is Epson R1800.  OEM inks.  Printer is set for thick paper.  Feeding from the back roll slot.Using Ilfords profile.  Colors are dead on and the print looks great except for the lines from the head strikes.  Would something like precurling the paper help?  Looks like the end of the print is curling down pushing it up against the head.  Would feeding from the top help this also or is it too thick for that?  Would something in the output tray holding the paper a little higher help also?  I need to get this printed today for a customer.  I can switch papers but it really looks nice on this paper.  The shot is a family portrait from a 50th anniversary/wedding.  Lots of guys in black towards the end of the print.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

woffles

Head strikes on Ilford Galerie Gold Silk
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 11:42:13 am »

Well, I got a good print out of it finally.  Turned the print upside down, loaded from the top feeder, had something in the output tray to keep the paper a little higher also.  Expensive lesson today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up