Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oregon Scientififc Cameras  (Read 3281 times)

Oregon Scientififc Cameras
« on: July 14, 2005, 07:48:14 am »

1. I'd advise you to stay with the big and familiar names.

2. Sony and Nikon make some P&S which are credit card sizes and about 0.5cm thick. This is really pocket size.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

audibeara6

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 05:17:28 pm »

I have never heard of this brand and am wondering if any of you have and knowledgeable insight to this brand? I am wondering if this is worth buying for how cheap they are, or should I go with a Canon SD300 or Nikon 4600? This is for my daughter who has just turned thirteen. Of course, she wants a pocket sized camera. For my I'll stick with the 20D and Mark II 1d. Thanks for your time and let me know if anyone out their has an info on this brand.

Tenner

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 01:41:48 pm »

They've been around for some time, making/badging pocket calculators, wireless weather stations and the like. Their £50 cameras have been sold by qvc and the on-line "boys' toys" shops. I'd like to think I'm not a photo-snob, but these strike me as rather well made objects that others produce as plastic disposables. They have few controls ( definitely 'point and squirt' ) and whilst they may give good party prints, the same money could probably buy a better bargain with a well known photographic name on it.( IMHO )
Pages: [1]   Go Up