Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh  (Read 3608 times)

fotomachi

• fotomachi
Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh
« on: December 31, 2007, 06:27:09 am »

I'm planning travelling to Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh for a 4-week period, or possibly 5 weeks with a side-trip to Iranian Azarbaijan. I visited Iranian Azarbaijan and Gilan this Spring and fell hopelessly in love.

General photography tips on the region are welcome. However, what I try to find is reliable information (from travellers who have visited the region, or people of Armenian descent) about the influence of the seasonal change on the landscape. My current plans point at September/October: when do the tree leaves change their colors to autumn dress, have fertile Spring plains turned into barren deserts by this time, or are they already covered by the first snow? Are their better/more interesting moments to visit the region (photographically speaking)?

I'm mainly interested in landscape photography. If my equipment doesn't change, I'll take my Nikon D80 with 18-200, 12-24 and 10.5 fisheye lenses, and a tripod + nodal ninja (and a tent, not to forget).

Tips and advice welcome  

Blueray

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 04:20:25 pm »

Have you got any informations about Armenia? Maybe I also will go in this area for landscape photography!

Daniel

fotomachi

• fotomachi
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 05:03:51 pm »

Have you got any informations about Armenia? Maybe I also will go in this area for landscape photography!

Daniel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=192990\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not much really... I bought myself a ticket and will go there half September to half October, with a short detour into Georgia. This should cover the period that trees will take up their autumn colours. Also, the weather is favorable for travelling during this period: not too cold, not too warm and little rain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up