Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual Monitor Setup with Mac G5 1.6 GHz  (Read 2312 times)

Photolandscape

Dual Monitor Setup with Mac G5 1.6 GHz
« on: December 22, 2007, 09:56:57 pm »

I have the very first PowerMac G5, which came out in 2003. It is still a fine machine, though compared to newer models. It came with a NVIDIA 5200 video card, which supports dual monitors. I have a 26" NEC2690 for my color work, and a 15" Dell LCD that I would like to use for the Navigator, History, and Layers palettes when using CS2.

When I turn on the computer, my desktop appears on the smaller Dell. When I open CS2, I have to manually drag it over to the NEC monitor. Is there anyway to setup the machine so it does this automatically--doing it manually gets old after a while.

Thanks.

Roy

• http://
Dual Monitor Setup with Mac G5 1.6 GHz
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 10:37:52 pm »

When I turn on the computer, my desktop appears on the smaller Dell. When I open CS2, I have to manually drag it over to the NEC monitor. Is there anyway to setup the machine so it does this automatically--doing it manually gets old after a while.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162604\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I assume you are running OS X.

Open system preferences, click displays, click arrangement and make the NEC your default primary monitor.

If you want to keep the small Dell as your default primary monitor, and only use the NEC monitor when you run Photoshop, start up Photoshop as you do now and arrange things as you wish between the two displays. Then in Photoshop select Window>Workspace>Save Workspace to save the arrangement. Photoshop will remember that arrangement.
Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up