Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100ps:Any way around fixed margins?  (Read 2372 times)

walter.sk

Z3100ps:Any way around fixed margins?
« on: November 25, 2007, 02:21:03 pm »

Until I got the Z3100, I printed on 13x19 sheets on an old Epson desktop printer.  I was able to select "Maximum Size" in the printer driver, which brought a warning message that print quality beyond the "normal" border might be degraded.  I printed from Qimage, and was able to get centered prints within about 1/8" from the paper edges.

With the Z3100 and Qimage, which I use because I don't have a 3rd party RIP, I'm able to place images as I want on both sheets and roll paper.  However the printer insists on a wider margin on one side of the sheet, and if I want the print centered, it has to be at a smaller size, based on the printer's choice as maximum print size.

Is there a workaround, or am I a prisoner of what HP thinks the margins should be?

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 02:49:15 pm »

How do you have things set up in the print driver?

Regards,
Ron

alanmcf

• http://
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 08:43:40 pm »

My Epson 2200 has the "maximum size" option which I always set. The result on matte paper was that everything was centered with about 1/8" margins all around if the image proportions were right.

With the Z3100 there is always about 3/4" across the bottom of a 8.5x11 or a 13x19 sheet that I thought I was stuck with. Ron... can you explain the Standard, Oversize and ClipContentsByMargins that I had never seen before (the HP explanations do not make much sense)... i.e. is it possible to get rid of that 3/4"?

Thanks, Alan

Sorry for the lazy desire to not run a bunch of tests

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 08:44:46 pm »

Thanks for the screen shots.  Using sheet paper rather than a roll, I was able to select "Clip Contents by Margins, but on the Features tab, the "Remove Top/Bottom blank Areas was grayed out.  Newvertheless, the image I printed came out centered on the page, so I guess I'm headed in the right direction.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155854\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

rdonson

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 09:55:19 am »

Thanks for the screen shots.  Using sheet paper rather than a roll, I was able to select "Clip Contents by Margins, but on the Features tab, the "Remove Top/Bottom blank Areas was grayed out.  Newvertheless, the image I printed came out centered on the page, so I guess I'm headed in the right direction.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=155961\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm glad to hear that you've made some progress.  My guess is that "Remove Top/Bottom blank areas" was grayed out because you were using sheets instead of a roll.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up