Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rolleiflex GX Expression f/2.8 TLR  (Read 7294 times)

grepmat

Rolleiflex GX Expression f/2.8 TLR
« on: November 23, 2007, 06:23:46 pm »

Rolleiflex GX "Expression" limited-edition TLR, f/2.8 Planar, with all accessories and packaging, etc., $1500.

This is the famous Rolleiflex Twin Lens Reflex camera produced with fully-modern multi-coated lens (Rollei HFT coating) and a modern semi-spot meter, etc. Included are all original accessories and items, including cap, strap (unused), manual, registration card (unmarked) and the original box including all packaging materials.

The taking lens is the legendary Planar formulation (f/2.8). The meter is a modern solid state type with 5 LED indicators in the viewing screen area (center green, yellow and red over and under-exposure). Paralax is compensated for in framing by a sliding mask. The viewing screen is a modern bright Fresnel variety with center focus aids and ruled lines. Needless to say, the camera takes stunning pictures!

The lenses (both taking and viewing) are in perfect condition. All the mechanicals and electronics are likewise in fine condition and order, including the shutter, meter, film transport, etc. Cosmetically, it's in very good over-all condition. There are some wear marks on the black-paint trim of the back. One of the little feet on the bottom is tweaked a bit, but this looks easy to fix. Otherwise, it's cosmetically beautiful. I'm happy to provide photos and answer any questions upon your serious interest.

I have a handy collapsible rubber lens hood, which I will include for free with the camera. I also have a Rollei "Rolleifix" quick release base (along with its original box). It's fully compatible with the GX and is the proper way to use a Rollei TLR on a tripod (other methods risk damage). I use it mounted to an Arca Swiss quick-release plate, which I would include as part of the Rolleifix system. Please inquire if interested.

Asking price is $1500 plus shipping with all original accessories and materials plus the lens hood. Also inquire about the Rolleifix base and plate if interested.

This is an awesome and complete camera to start out with or continue in medium format; simple, robust, compact, light, and incorporating one of the best lenses in the world. It's especially appropriate for a traditionalist who loves fine mechanical craftsmanship.

Thank you for your interest!

Update: *** SOLD ***
[attachment=3992:attachment]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:34:19 pm by grepmat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up