Hi,
I use the Canon PP 9000. The inks are dye rather than pigment, and are not tested yet on the Wilhelm page. Canon claims 25-100 year life depending on storage options. They also have a bit different testing method that seems to be a bit more rigorous than Wilhelm's method.
I opted for the 9000 based on availability of inks. The 8 series is quite widespread around Toronto. The 9500 inks are available only at a few places and are stocked less frequently. If you have a good 'pro' shop nearby the 9500 will be a good option.
The dye based inks are claimed to have a wider gamut than the pigment inks. Whether this is real remains to be seen.
Paper profiles are available for Canon papers including their art papers, Ilford from their web site, and a few others. The printers are still new enough to not have wide exposure to third party papers (eg Hahnemulhe).
The 9500 has a separate gray for B&W printing. I have found the 9000 does ok when you select gray scale in the printer driver. I use the Canon driver for Photoshop and DPP exclusively and don't print directly from Lightroom.
There may be independent rips available for the 9500. Both the 9000 and 9500 have 16 bit drivers for Windows Vista/OSX 10.5.
The 9000 is much faster and quieter than my old Epson.
Enjoy either.
Bob